Carly Fiorina’s name will still be on Indiana ballot Tuesday

Former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina speaks during a rally for Republican presidential candidate Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, in Indianapolis, Wednesday, April 27, 2016. Cruz chose Fiorina as his running mate. (AP Photo/Michael Conroy) more >

By David Sherfinski - The Washington Times - Thursday, April 28, 2016

Sen. Ted Cruz
might have picked Carly Fiorina as his running mate this week, but Indiana voters will still get the opportunity to vote for Mrs. Fiorina for president on Tuesday if they so choose.

The Indiana Election Division of the Secretary of State’s office confirmed the names of nine Republican presidential candidates appear on the GOP primary ballot that has been used for early voting since earlier in the month and will be available at the polls Tuesday.

Those candidates, who are listed in alphabetical order by last name, are former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, Mr. Cruz, Mrs. Fiorina, Ohio Gov. John Kasich, Sen. Rand Paul, Sen. Marco Rubio, and businessman Donald Trump.

Under state law, the deadline for a presidential primary candidate to withdraw was at noon on Feb. 8. Mrs. Fiorina announced on Feb. 10 that she was suspending her presidential campaign.

Mr. Paul, Mr. Christie, Mr. Bush, Mr. Carson and Mr. Rubio have also suspended their campaigns.

After Mr. Cruz announced Mrs. Fiorina as his running mate Wednesday, the Cruz campaign is now pushing “Cruz-Carly” and “Cruz-Fiorina” merchandise, and the Indiana primary on Tuesday will be crucial in Mr. Cruz’s quest to halt Mr. Trump’s march to the nomination.

Mr. Kasich’s campaign announced earlier this week it would get out of Mr. Cruz’s way in Indiana, while the Cruz campaign said it would clear the path for Mr. Kasich to compete in Oregon and New Mexico.

But Mr. Cruz and Mr. Kasich have since said they’re not going to tell their supporters who to vote for, and Mr. Cruz said Thursday there is no “alliance” between the two candidates.

Speaking about the agreement earlier this week on “The Glenn Beck Program,” Mr. Cruz said he trusts the voters to figure everything out.

“I trust the voters to figure out who to vote for,” he said. “So I’m not asking my supporters to vote for anybody else.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...iana-ballot-t/