Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Indiana delegates say they're getting hate mail from Trump supporters

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Indiana delegates say they're getting hate mail from Trump supporters

Indiana delegates say they're getting hate mail from Trump supporters
    Tony Cook 8:45 p.m. EDT April 11, 2016

After expressing reservations about Donald Trump, some of Indiana's delegates to the Republican national convention say they've received threatening messages from a few of the GOP front-runner's supporters.

The emails warn that the delegates are being watched and imply they could be targeted. Some send ominous wishes to delegates' families.

Trump's Indiana campaign called the threats "deplorable."

Craig Dunn, a delegate and Republican chairman of Indiana's 4th Congressional District, was among the Trump critics who received the threatening messages.

"You sorry (expletive)!" one email said. "I hope the worst for you and yours!"

Dunn was stunned by the response.

"Little did I know that in expressing your 1st Amendment rights, that they’d come after you so hard," he said. "It's very disappointing. I probably received 25 to 30 hate emails, phone calls and voice mails, posts on Facebook that I deleted. Now they're hunting down friends of mine and posting that kind of stuff on their Facebook pages."

Tully: My inbox, filled with defenders of Donald Trump

Dunn and several other delegates or delegate candidates were quoted criticizing Trump in a Politico article over the weekend.

"If Satan had the lead on him and was one delegate away from being nominated as our candidate, and Donald Trump was the alternative, I might vote for Donald Trump,” Dunn told the website.

He was one of 27 delegates selected this weekend from Indiana's nine congressional districts to represent the state at the Republican national convention this summer in Cleveland. Another 27 at-large delegates will be selected Wednesday. Three additional spots go to the state party chairman and the state's Republican National Committee man and woman.

At-large delegates are obligated to vote for the winner of Indiana's May 3 primary during the first round of voting at the national convention July 18-21. District delegates must vote for the top vote-getter in their district. But if no candidate has a majority of delegates during the first ballot at the convention, then the delegates are free to cast their votes for anyone they choose.

One of those delegates, Kyle Babcock, said he'll support the party's nominee, but has doubts about Trump's viability in the general election.

"Donald Trump talks about polls, polls, polls," he said. "That’s been the theme of his campaign. Using that methodology, I’m looking at polls, and that leads me to believe at this point that Donald Trump can't beat Hillary Clinton."

Such comments earned him disdain from Trump supporters.

"Wrong side Kyle," said one email. "Hope the families well. Your name and info was sent to me on a list that is going public. Think before you take a step down the wrong path, the American people want to have faith in your but it looks like a future in hiding is more appealing."

The email was signed, "The American."

An individual using the same sign-off also sent an email to Tom John, chairman of Indiana's 7th Congressional District and an at-large delegate candidate who told Politico that Trump "doesn’t represent what I want my party to represent."

"You know traditional burial is polluting the planet. Tom hope the family is well," the email said. "Your name and info has been given to me on a list that is about to go public. Good luck becoming a delegate, we are watching you."

The person behind the messages to Babcock and John did not respond to email inquiries from IndyStar. Nor did the individual behind the email to Dunn.

Recipients say the emails have been turned over to law enforcement.

Trump's campaign disavowed the emails.

"That should never happen. There’s no place for any kind of intimidation or threats in politics, especially in Indiana," said Tony Samuel, vice chairman of Trump's Indiana campaign. "Anyone that’s upset with what’s going on with the delegate selection process should come out and tell their friends to vote for Donald Trump on May 3 so that Indiana puts up all 57 delegates for Trump and it helps him get to 1,237 so we don’t have to worry about a contested convention."

A candidate needs 1,237 delegate votes to win the GOP nomination outright.

The Trump campaign's Indiana chairman, Rex Early, has a succinct response to the threatening emails.

"My reaction is, we've got some stupid people in this world," he said.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/p...ters/82911068/
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"That should never happen. There’s no place for any kind of intimidation or threats in politics, especially in Indiana," said Tony Samuel, vice chairman of Trump's Indiana campaign. "Anyone that’s upset with what’s going on with the delegate selection process should come out and tell their friends to vote for Donald Trump on May 3 so that Indiana puts up all 57 delegates for Trump and it helps him get to 1,237 so we don’t have to worry about a contested convention."
    Exactly. Well said Tony Samuel!!

Personally, I don't think those were sent by Trump Supporters. Sounds like a false flag move for negative publicity against Trump and Supporters, and who benefits from that? Certainly not Trump.

It will be interesting to see if law enforcement identifies who sent them.

Everyone, stay cool. Trump's got this. He knows how to handle what's going on with the delegates. Just get out and vote and bring busloads of friends and family to the polls on primary day, so he can win this on the first ballot and put all this other crazy nonsense of a contested convention to bed.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn