Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

StokeyBob wrote:

When they came to force the computer programmers out of their jobs here in Silicon Valley many didn't stop there.
    Come on StokeyBob this statement is way out there. I worked in the hightech industry, put the blame where it belongs, on the Corporate World. We all know that the industry changed, all they wanted were new blood, new ideas. The industry lost respect for senority or age. As engineers neared 40 they became obsolete to be replaced by people straight out of college. As the U.S. couldn't keep meeting their demand they imported workers outside of the U.S.

I never blamed the foreign workers. They were here legally and contributing and I couldn't blame them for wanting to live in the U.S. I blame the greed of the corporate world.

CaptainIron Wrote:

if they are displacing American workers that should stop
    I agree with you. But as I said put the blame where it belongs, on the greedy Corporate World.

But as for the people themselves; they have never shown me any reason to not respect them.

Quote Originally Posted by MontereySherry
    StokeyBob wrote:

When they came to force the computer programmers out of their jobs here in Silicon Valley many didn't stop there.
    Come on StokeyBob this statement is way out there. I worked in the hightech industry, put the blame where it belongs, on the Corporate World. We all know that the industry changed, all they wanted were new blood, new ideas. The industry lost respect for senority or age. As engineers neared 40 they became obsolete to be replaced by people straight out of college. As the U.S. couldn't keep meeting their demand they imported workers outside of the U.S.

I never blamed the foreign workers. They were here legally and contributing and I couldn't blame them for wanting to live in the U.S. I blame the greed of the corporate world.
    Yes. I saw when I wrote it, it sort of placed the blame on the wrong end of the deal, but if you've ever been stomped awake as many times as I was stomped awake, you would get my drift! The guy even coached a lady how to drop the bowling ball or what ever they were doing and when to do it when he went on vacation.

There were many other subtle jabs and games they played but this has sort of got me not seeing straight to remember them all as it has only been a little over tens years ago.

Some people are masters at being annoying to get what they want, in my opinion.

They drove the British out of there country.

Quote Originally Posted by Faye
    Is anyone other than me getting these strange telemarketing phone calls from people with Indian accents so bad you can't understand them? I'm getting 10-20 of these a day. Needless to say, I'm getting rather irate.
    Register on the "no call" list. It works. I put all our phones on it!
    Not a word from a telemarketer...for years!
    PROMOTE SELF DEPORTATION, ENFORCE OUR
    LAWS!

Indians now own as of couple years go 97% of hospitality business. Google it . They own a large ortion of stores .

They are also getting a lot of the professional jobs,like doctors,engineers and professors . Just more jobs Americans won't do of course . Not for the wages immigrants work for that is .

I like indians ,they have all been nice to me, unlike most muslim women who stair and hold up nose under those costumes they peek out of .

I had a indian doctor Dr.Pyasena 'spell' in the early 80s who was a wonderful man .

I also had a pediatrician named Dr.Yu in the 70s who was good to my daughter . A mexican named Dr.Fernandez in the 70s who gave me care when i was broke and he and the indian saved my life while my American doctor ' Dr.Frank' left my to die on a stretcher when he heard my insurance was canceled .

Of course I've had some good American docs too .

But this was decades ago and this was when most immigrants loved this nation and its people .

Our government even then was giving immigrants loans to open business and buy homes and they paid no taxes for first 6 years from what i was told .But at least they had to have ID and drivers license, now they don't een ave to do that .

It took me 15 YEARS to pay off Dr.Pyesena and I thanked him with every payment some small as $5 to let him know I didn't forget. He never once billed me or called .

There was a time for me when I sort of liked working with people from other countries.

When I first started working I worked with people from all over the world. Many of them looked forward to going home when their visa's ran out. Some hoped to renew them.

I thought it was good that when they went home they took some of what they learned about the United States home with them. They also left much with us.

Now as I have seen how things have progressed I am concerned with the situation even with those that have supposedly come here legally.

When I was a small child they came into the schools to convince us that the children we were soon to conceive were unwanted as the population was rising to fast and they would stress the resources.

Think of it like this.

You own a building and you go inside to take the elevator to a different floor. YOUR elevator operator tells you there is not enough room for your children that are coming up behind you. As you stand there he allows people that don't own the building pass you by. Not only do they get spots on the elevator they are also given sandwiches and peanuts for the trip and your left standing on the platform. As they leave the operator hands you the bill.

Most of the people from India I saw come came with many relatives. A luxury my government denied me and many of my classmates.

I met a relative of one once that told me he was unhappy as the Social Security office told him he had to be here six months before he could collect.

[i]“Only one man in a thousand is a leader of men, the other 999 follow womenâ€

ICE must step up enforcement of immigration laws for those overlooked growing illegal alien ethnic groups such as Indians and Chinese. Even though hispanics comprise the majority of illegal aliens 270,000 to 400,000 ilegal alien Indians must be deported. Like one writer stated, the US is exchanging our jobs for Indian people. Since India has an ovewhelming majority of poor people why are only the wealthy and educated permitted to immigrate.

Since India has an ovewhelming majority of poor people why are only the wealthy and educated permitted to immigrate.
    Because it's not as simple as walking over the border for them. At least with Indian migrants we are not getting the bottom of the barrel like from mexico. For the most part, they are educated, polite, hard working and know English (even tho they are hard to understand at times).
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

http://www.ky3.com/news/local/19028904.html

Across the country, incomes are down and unemployment is up. New college graduates are about to face those challenges head-on.
    As Missouri State University graduates look to the future, it's hard to ignore the present. In fact, at 6.1 percent, Missouri's unemployment rate is the highest it's been since 1997.
    I don't care what country they come from, or how well educated and trained they are, as long as US citizens are unemployed or underemployed, not one immigrant should be allowed to work in this country. Greed and political corruption has enabled corporate suppression of our wages and is causing our lives and standards of living to disintegrate rapidly.

When my husband was diagnosed with cancer, he was fired and replaced by two H1B visa engineers. He was unemployed for over 2 years and recently got a job working harder physically and at less than one-half of his previous pay. He should be at the peak of his earnings, and it is a struggle to just stay afloat. And, of course, depression of wages will also eventually depress Social Security payments, if we get any at all.

I am sick and tired of our country and people bending over backwards for pseudo political correctness at the expense of our country. We have all seen the video on how NOT TO HIRE A US CITIZEN. With the internet, there is no excuse for going overseas with unemployed citizens suffering. They need to prove that there is absolutely no American willing and able to do the job.

I worry about our current crop of college graduates saddled with loans and filled with dreams, unable to find a job and coming in a distant second to foreigners willing to work for far too little money. It should be the responsibility of India first to provide for their people by maybe helping with population control and investing in job growth. Actually, that goes for any country who just assumes they can dump excess population and unemployed on our country. I worry that we will see an economic meltdown this summer when all these new graduates descend on the job markets at once.

I worry that we will see an economic meltdown this summer when all these new graduates descend on the job markets at once.
    Very good point...I hadn't thought of that. Hopefully most grads will already have jobs lined up.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast