Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I don't think the extent of this problem has hit our general population, because our unemployment numbers are artificially lowered by not reporting on chronically underemployed (part time or lower level jobs than qualified to hold) or long term unemployed.
    http://www.11alive.com/news/local/story ... &catid=195

When these young people, who usually are quite liberal and want to open our country to all needy people, are worried and having trouble landing employment, well Houston, we have a problem.

http://www.11alive.com/news/local/story ... 7&catid=40

"The economy is just so bad right now with everyone graduating, I feel bad for everyone else including myself," Harvin said.

That's because there are fewer jobs and more competition.

"As good as my resume looks, to me there's always something better out there," Harvin said.

Horton agreed.

Yet, every special interest group is clamoring for more visas in every category, including Mr. Super Rich Gates Who Made All His $$$$ from Americans And Then Proceeds to Destroy Them.

Until I see a bunch of foreigners here sitting in the House and Senate and working those part time jobs for one half the cost of those corrupt bozos, (and my husband has his job back), I will not welcome this planned destruction and betrayal of my country.

We went to Washington, DC - there was some spiritual leader there, and there were millions of Indians in colorful saris covering the mall. It was breathtakingly beautiful until it hit me - what country am I in? While waiting in line for Archives, an IT engineer from Kansas was talking to us about his salary decline and attributes it to the large Indian population covering Washington that weekend. Outsourcing our jobs, and importing workers of all levels for those jobs that cannot be outsourced - we are in big trouble folks. You just don't know when your job is the next target. The new one is lawyers:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 02355.html

And, this is happening while our dollar is tanking, our neighborhoods are destroyed, our school system is overloaded, our hospitals are bankrupt, our infrastructure is crumbling, our retirement funds and our homes are seriously devalued while food, gas and credit is skyrocketing.

Whose job is next?

In the past three years, the legal outsourcing industry here has grown about 60 percent annually. According to a report by research firm ValueNotes, the industry will employ about 24,000 people and earn revenue of $640 million by 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Faye
    Is anyone other than me getting these strange telemarketing phone calls from people with Indian accents so bad you can't understand them? I'm getting 10-20 of these a day. Needless to say, I'm getting rather irate.
    All the time!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234