Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Investigation Reveals Lax Punishment for Voter Fraud

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Investigation Reveals Lax Punishment for Voter Fraud

Investigation Reveals Lax Punishment for Voter Fraud

Posted: Jan 20, 2014 8:33 PM

MUST WATCH VIDEO REPORT AT LINK

EDINBURG - A CHANNEL 5 NEWS investigation revealed that those caught voting illegally seldom face serious consequences for their actions.
    The investigation revealed that people found guilty of casting dozens of illegal votes in the Rio Grande Valley were sentenced to probation and community supervision.

"You will find lack of integrity everywhere; it's not just our area," Hidalgo County Elections Administrator Yvonne Ramon said.

Information from the Texas Attorney General's Office reveals that those convicted of electoral crimes often get their sentences reduced.
    "I know judges in courtrooms have their boundaries. It's not for me to question the results of a decision made by one of our judges," Ramon said.
    Ramon said her office tries to educate voters about the importance of fraud-free elections.

"As more people realize what exactly is illegal when it comes to paying for votes or selling a vote, they are aware that there are punishments. There are legal entities that will be looking and investigating," she said.

CHANNEL 5 NEWS' investigation perused records dating back to 2005. State records show that there was only one investigation that resulted in resolved prosecution during that year.

Things changed in 2008. Hidalgo and Starr counties racked up 11 cases each - more than any other region in the state.

One of the accused pleaded guilty, was fined $750 and sentenced to community supervision.

"We have to press to our community to honor the vote, to be independent and knowledgeable of the elections taking place," Ramon said.

She said one vote can sway an election.

Politiqueras also play an important role in voter fraud.

"They say you pay me for the next couple of weeks or a month and I'll deliver 300 to 400 votes for you," Hidalgo County District Attorney Rene Guerra said.

Officials said it is up to voters to stop the fraud. They say people must realize that a vote is worth more than $10, a pack of cigarettes or a ride to a drug house.

pdf
    Election Code Referrals to the Office of the Attorney General

http://www.krgv.com/news/investigation-reveals-lax-punishment-for-voter-fraud/

I constantly get "There's no evidence of voter fraud or only so minute it doesn't matter."
    When I say it's because no-one is seriously investigating it and that NYC actually has laws against so much as inquiring in to it I'm called a conspiracy nut.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

most voter fraud is a felony in NC.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

http://www.wnd.com/2012/11/gop-legally-barred-from-fighting-vote-fraud/

GOP legally barred from fighting vote fraud

Bob Unruh

The judge, Dickinson Debevoise, appointed by Jimmy Carter, later retired but decided he would continue to control the case. The decision requires the RNC – but not the DNC – to “refrain from undertaking any ballot security activities in polling places or election districts where the racial or ethnic composition of such districts is a factor in the decision to conduct, or the actual conduct of, such activities there and where a purpose or significant effect of such activities is to deter qualified voters from voting; and the conduct of such activities disproportionately in or directed toward districts that have a substantial proportion of racial or ethnic populations shall be considered relevant evidence of the existence of such a factor and purpose.”

Last edited by imblest; 01-24-2014 at 03:44 PM.

Banned