Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Ivanka Trump wanted to walk back Donald Trump’s Mexican ‘rapists’ comments: depositio

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Ivanka Trump wanted to walk back Donald Trump’s Mexican ‘rapists’ comments: depositio

Ivanka Trump wanted to walk back Donald Trump’s Mexican ‘rapists’ comments: deposition

By S.A. Miller - The Washington Times - Saturday, August 13, 2016

Ivanka Trump last year drafted a statement for Donald Trump to walk back his remarks about Mexico sending “rapists” into the United States, the daughter of the Republican presidential nominee revealed in a deposition earlier this summer.

“I had suggested a clarification because I felt that his comments were being misconstrued,” Ms. Trump said in the deposition that was first reported Saturday by BuzzFeed.

The deposition is part of lawsuit involving a chef who dropped out of Mr. Trump’s Washington, D.C., hotel project because of the New York real-estate developer’s remark about Mexicans.

Ms. Trump’s deposition also shed light on the reaction inside Team Trump to the candidate’s announcement speech, which was widely interpreted in the news media as an attack on Mexicans and Hispanics.

Ms. Trump stressed that statement she drafted was intended as a clarification, not a retraction.

The statement was never used by Mr. Trump.

In announcing his White House run in June 2015, the New York billionaire said: “When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best … They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

Ms. Trump said in the deposition that the remarks “were mischaracterized as being a categorical attack on Hispanics.”

“I felt that it was very important that he clarified the fact that that was not the case. He had not said that. He had not attacked Hispanic people. But that was the immediate narrative that had been spun,” she said.

“Basically I was playing around with the idea of the fact that the media was spinning what he said to be about Hispanic people generally, as opposed to illegal immigrants, which he subsequently clarified on his own in countless interviews.
    And the fact that my father has a tremendous relationship with people of Hispanic descent,” Ms. Trump said in the deposition.

“You know, this is — this is something that personally was very hard for me because I know how many friends my father has who are Hispanics, how many people work at our company who are Hispanic,” she said. “So when the media took the narrative in a bad direction it was upsetting to me, because I know it to not be true. So I thought it would be helpful to — to articulate that. But ultimately he did. I mean, he’s — he’s very articulate and very capable of sort of speaking his opinion. And he said that numerous times.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...trumps-mexica/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

What a mess, his own children have to turn on him. A President should make a statement and be strong and clear with no room for multiple interpretations. We would look silly as a nation having to continually walk back statements from a Trump presidency. He still has time to fix himself and stay the course.

I fully understood all of his ridiculously interpreted statements, they just needed to be tweaked and clear before he made them so they were not open for attack or false interpretation.

Perfect example is the other day. Obama and Clinton did not found ISIS or ISIL, but they were instrumental in the fostering of its growth from infancy to maturity over the last six years. His idea was right, his delivery needed to be specific and clear about the statements facts and then it would be easy for he and his surrogates to defend.

This matter about all Mexicans being rapists should have been clarified right from the start. Unfortunately, his daughters deposition will hurt him in the lawsuit.

I had suggested a clarification because I felt that his comments were being misconstrued,”

Don't think a clarification is a walk back. Another example of media spin.

He has a tendency to make short statements, where he should elaborate or preface statements with a lead in. The papers are filled with stories of rapists, child molesters, killers, drug dealers etc. The stats are so high, the media was told to omit immigration status from reporting crimes.

For one to say there is not a very large amount of untraceable criminals sneaking across our borders for a decade now, taking jobs, producing anchor babies, dealing drugs and committing the felonies Trump mentioned, is totally unrealistic. Mr trump should be credited for speaking out on the matter. Is truth not allowed anymore?

His muslim immigration hold could have been prefaced with examples of other presidents and what they did to keep Americans' safety in check. Bluntness harms some of his statements. He is a cut & dry, don't waste time thinker it seems; as is fitting with a multi faceted businessman.

He was short again, w/o a detailed explanation re o, hillary & isis. Only a nit picker wanting to damn Trump would construe it as not being correct in the actual date of isis' beginnings. We have had years of enabling and the worsening of all the radical muslim jihadists. Read @ how things have come to this point and o, hillary's names are all over it.

It is the press that is biased; they nit pick, misconstrue his words. They know how easy it is to smear someone by blowing words out of context and spinning stories - they are open border globalists backing hillary people. Included are many GOP politicians because they are open border globalists too; eg, ryan, mccain, jeb, rubio, kasich and many more.
    Last edited by artist; 08-13-2016 at 02:06 PM.

Excellent response Artist. This is what I look for in having real dialogue with other members' You make some good points:

He has a tendency to make short statements, where he should elaborate or preface statements with a lead in.
    Mr trump should be credited for speaking out on the matter.
    Bluntness harms some of his statements.
    He was short again, w/o a detailed explanation re o, hillary & isis.
    I am not seeking out those that don't like him or his positions to change, I seek to prevent unnecessary attacks on him because of wording that is definitely open to interpretation that misconstrues the core point.

Trish Regan just did a wonderful piece on how the media has collaborated and worked against Trump.

We know most Mexicans are not rapists and so does he, but some are. He may have exaggerated a little but the point is well taken.

Another incident is re 2nd amendment people & hillary BIG SPIN to mean assassination.

Anybody can note that most legislation to disarm Americans & deny us our right to bear arms has been shot down due to NRA involvement - very powerful group. aka 2nd amendment group, the words of Trump. Once again he condensed his thought to a few short words.

BOOM - the media makes a slanderous, ridiculous connection and it is front page headlines. Why don't they just say no matter what Trump says, we will make it into something above & beyond his words because the powerful don't want him to be president & we are paid to ruin him.