Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Jack in the Box

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by mkfarnam
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolHead
    Quote Originally Posted by alisab
    I don't know that at all. What I do know is that the previous hispanic girls could not properly speak English and I expect people to speak English to me when I am spending money in an American establishment when I am in America.

I also know that I am TIRED of being over run by illegal hispanic people and I am getting very mad about it!!
    Yea. All businesses in America are required to do business with its customers in English. What I need clarification on is whether the girls you speak of were speaking Spanish to you or were they at least making an effort to speak to you in English.
    Back off HotHead! Before your considered "Race Baiting". I understood what was said.
    HotHead?! lol. Not in the slightest.

Ok so I think I understand this now. With regards to the issue immigration, on the Left, when they detect the smallest sign of disagreement or you question you're called a "racist", and on the Right, you're considered "race baiting"?

You can't have a conversation with either group if you don't agree with them. You don't want to stoop to their level if you want to win on this issue.
    Your trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill. That's called Trolling around here.
    Nope, wrong. You lose 10 points.

Like I said, I won't back off. I simply questioning here. That's not Trolling. Trolling is me saying you're a racist, something a troll would do.

If an adult or even a teenager cannot speak English, chances are they are illegal. Very few legal hispanics would have a problem interpreting the menu and the menu is the basic dialog when you are at an eating establishment trying to place an order.

In other words, if they cannot speak or understand English then I feel it is safe to assume they are not legal....This is not to say I am right, just my opinion.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

CoolHead wrote:

Like I said, I won't back off. I simply questioning here. That's not Trolling. Trolling is me saying you're a racist, something a troll would do.
    When you start sounding like your in favor of Illegals, that's when your intentions are questioned.
    Pro-Illegals are not welcome on this board. ALIPAC is not about "Immigration", it's about "anti- Illegal Immigration".

If your NOT Pro-Illegal.........please start acting like it.
    ------------------------

AE

I'll chime in that issue of English speaking immigrants and being legal. I knew a Romanian family who had legally immigrated here, and were on their way to becoming citizens. The mother of the girls (school friends of my daughters) had been here only five years, and her English was impeccable, along with knowing the slang terms.

She took great pride in having mastered American English. I felt proud to know her. She would also apologize for answering calls in Romanian while I was there, she was concerned I would think she was being rude (it was her home, so no, but I admired her consideration).

I feel that if someone comes here and wants to live and work here, they have an obligation to know English, use it and speak it in public. They are no longer in their native nation.

Furthermore, we have read many articles from verifiable news sources, where an immigrant has been here well over the five years my friend from Romania had been (some we have read here had been in the U.S. for 20 years and could not speak English), and did not know a bit of English, and further into the article it has stated they were here illegally. There usually is a connection with the nonacceptance of learning or use of English, with illegal aliens.

By acting in this way, all too many illegal aliens, on top of the state of their illegal residence in the U.S., have caused much bitterness towards themselves from Americans, and legal immigrants.

What can one expect? We all know they would feel like us if we were in their nation doing the same things, acting in the same way, refusing to attempt to assimilate and also following the laws. They'd be beyond angry and knowing many of the nations to the south of us, we'd all be in some nasty prison.
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

AE

BTW, I emailed Jack in the Box and said thanks, it means a lot to all of us!
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

Quote Originally Posted by AE
    I'll chime in that issue of English speaking immigrants and being legal. I knew a Romanian family who had legally immigrated here, and were on their way to becoming citizens. The mother of the girls (school friends of my daughters) had been here only five years, and her English was impeccable, along with knowing the slang terms.

She took great pride in having mastered American English. I felt proud to know her. She would also apologize for answering calls in Romanian while I was there, she was concerned I would think she was being rude (it was her home, so no, but I admired her consideration).

I feel that if someone comes here and wants to live and work here, they have an obligation to know English, use it and speak it in public. They are no longer in their native nation.

Furthermore, we have read many articles from verifiable news sources, where an immigrant has been here well over the five years my friend from Romania had been (some we have read here had been in the U.S. for 20 years and could not speak English), and did not know a bit of English, and further into the article it has stated they were here illegally. There usually is a connection with the nonacceptance of learning or use of English, with illegal aliens.

By acting in this way, all too many illegal aliens, on top of the state of their illegal residence in the U.S., have caused much bitterness towards themselves from Americans, and legal immigrants.

What can one expect? We all know they would feel like us if we were in their nation doing the same things, acting in the same way, refusing to attempt to assimilate and also following the laws. They'd be beyond angry and knowing many of the nations to the south of us, we'd all be in some nasty prison.
    Exellent Explanation
    ------------------------

CoolHead wrote:

When you start sounding like your in favor of Illegals, that's when your intentions are questioned.
    Pro-Illegals are not welcome on this board. ALIPAC is not about "Immigration", it's about "anti- Illegal Immigration".

If your NOT Pro-Illegal.........please start acting like it.
    I like to consider myself as the independent, centralist, or populist when it comes to this issue. I don't agree with the Left nor with the Right on this issue. Is that allowed here???

Basically I agree with most of the American people on this issue. We need a fence along our Southern border to stem the flow of illegals. That must come FIRST. Then after that's done, allow those who've learned the English language, are in the process of assimilating, pay back fines, and have not committed crimes while here illegally to stay. If you're not interested in the American way of life then frankly we have no use for you.

America will go along with such a solution, but because of the disagreements the Left and Right have on this issue nothing is getting done.

Coolhead wrote:

Basically I agree with most of the American people on this issue. We need a fence along our Southern border to stem the flow of illegals. That must come FIRST. Then after that's done, allow those who've learned the English language, are in the process of assimilating, pay back fines, and have not committed crimes while here illegally to stay. If you're not interested in the American way of life then frankly we have no use for you.
    Coolhead, that's exactly what we here call amnesty and are fighting against. Anyone who is in this country illegally needs to leave and come back in the right way. There are no exceptions.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Basically I agree with most of the American people on this issue. We need a fence along our Southern border to stem the flow of illegals. That must come FIRST. Then after that's done, allow those who've learned the English language, are in the process of assimilating, pay back fines, and have not committed crimes while here illegally to stay.
    Umm, they are called illegal because they have committed crimes. Which means none of them can stay, so there is no point in talking about the "learning English" (10 hours ESL class) and "pay back fines" (really we will be paying them $20,000 in Earned Income Credit) parts.

PS. Those above "minor details" were not mentioned to the polled Americans.

AE

pay back fines, and have not committed crimes while here illegally to stay
    The illegal aliens HAVE ALL committed crimes by crossing our border or over staying visa's against our current immigration laws, there is no exception to that.

Trust me, I go walking into my local grocery store after they close at night, and get caught by local police, do you think I will not be charged with not only trespassing, but breaking and entering and theft, even if I say I needed something and by the way, left some cash on the counter? Think any judge is going to say "hey, she was just trying to feed her family, she felt desperate"? No, they will say "sorry, should have waited till the store opened then you could have come in with their permission and left your cash with a clerk so your purchase was legal".

Why on earth is there always two types of punishment in this nation? One kind for people who do wrong and are citizens, and another for those who can give out the biggest sob story to bleeding heart libertard politicians and judges?

Think any of the illegal aliens governments would give us the same kid glove treatment to any of us in their nation illegally, as we have been giving their citizens in our country illegally? NO, and we should not be jeopardizing the integrity of our laws and system by doing anything other than making them leave, ask permission and wait. No exceptions.

I am more tough with my kids when they break the rules, than our government had been with illegal aliens.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast