Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

JIM DEMINT ON STATUS OF BILL: PLEASE READ

Sen. DeMint was just on the Hewitt show (Weds. 3:50pm PST), and said that the next vote is 10:00am tomorrow (Thursday) (I AM NOT SURE IF HE MEANT THIS IS THE NEXT CLOTURE VOTE OR VOTE ON NEXT AMENDMENT). If someone heard something differ, please correct me or verify this.

He said this will be the last best chance to stop this bill (in Senate).

Sen. DeMint thought it was a pretty good day, the Dems tried to control the flow...some GOP members used procedures to slow it down.

He said Sens. Burr and Domenici have switched, and several others may switch cloture votes but he wouldn't give names.

After the host asked, Sen. DeMint did mention Norm Coleman, John Ensign, may be leaning against cloture, (but not for sure, this is what he thought) but they need to hear from people back home. He also mentioned Sen. Pryor may like to vote no on cloture, especially if he hears from "folks back home" especially "people he knows."

**Sen. DeMint said chance we can defeat this IF WE KEEP ON CALLING**

AND, IF YOU KNOW THE SENATORS OR HAVE CONNECTIONS TO THEM, PLEASE USE THEM AND CALL.

(and even if you don't know the senators, still call).
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I am here now!!!

YOU CAN BET I WILL BE CALLING!!

Thanks for the update.

I pray this news is accurate about Burr.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

AMEN

FOX NEWS STORY:

"Late Wednesday, two Republicans, Sens. Kit Bond of Missouri and Richard Burr of North Carolina, told FOX News that they will switch their vote and not try to prevent the filibuster. One Democrat who never votes against cloture, Sen. Ben Nelson of Nebraska, also told FOX News that he will vote "no" this time."

More here:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,286973,00.html