Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Job Openings

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Job Openings

Great News of some of California's unemployed citizens. Some job openings. Show real American work ethic please and make us proud...U S A

American Apparel, a Los Angeles-based clothing manufacturer and retailer known for its racy advertising and social consciousness, has announced that it will fire about 1,500 of its workers who do not have the legal right to work in the United States.

The announcement comes after a July inspection by the government which found that about 1,600 of American Apparel's 10,000-strong workforce appeared to be working in the country illegally.

Founder and Chief Executive Dov Charney said in a letter to the affected employees that he was deeply saddened at having to terminate them: "Many of you have been with me for so many years, and I just cry when I think that so many people will be leaving the company.... It is my belief that immigrants bring prosperity to any economy."

The action, however, does not appear to have been forced upon the company. ICE spokeswoman Virginia Kice said, "There's no direct order from ICE to terminate an employee.... But if a company continues to employ individuals who are not authorized to work, they understand there may be potential legal consequences."

Click here to read more about America Apparel's decision to maintain a legal workforce.

American Apparel, a Los Angeles-based clothing manufacturer and retailer known for its racy advertising and social consciousness, has announced that it will fire about 1,500 of its workers who do not have the legal right to work in the United States.
    One company one city
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Founder and Chief Executive Dov Charney said in a letter to the affected employees that he was deeply saddened at having to terminate them: "Many of you have been with me for so many years, and I just cry when I think that so many people will be leaving the company.... It is my belief that immigrants bring prosperity to any economy."
    Prosperity? Is that what you call this!!
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

Prosperity? Is that what you call this!!
    Prosperity for me does not mean prosperity for you. Like the old saying says, it is not enough for me to win, you have to lose. Since our country has devolved just like the falling Roman Empire, our leaders value those things that worsen the United States, not make it better.

Re: Job Openings

Quote Originally Posted by Tbow009
    Great News of some of California's unemployed citizens. Some job openings. Show real American work ethic please and make us proud...U S A

The announcement comes after a July inspection by the government which found that about 1,600 of American Apparel's 10,000-strong workforce appeared to be working in the country illegally.

The action, however, does not appear to have been forced upon the company. ICE spokeswoman Virginia Kice said, "There's no direct order from ICE to terminate an employee.... But if a company continues to employ individuals who are not authorized to work, they understand there may be potential legal consequences."

Click here to read more about America Apparel's decision to maintain a legal workforce.
    Great news...now, let's see this happen about 10,000 more times!
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

AE

Time to celebrate, and let this company know they made the right decision to do what is right for America and it's workers who are citizens and legal immigrants.

I have more respect for them for taking this step.
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

Quote Originally Posted by AE
    Time to celebrate, and let this company know they made the right decision to do what is right for America and it's workers who are citizens and legal immigrants.

I have met the owner at a trade show, and um you should rethink the respect factor, the guy was FORCED to do this, and not a respectable person anyway.
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

AE

Ah...that's a shame. I would have been happy to know someone actually thought of doing the right thing, instead of simply looking out for their own good (not getting heavily fined).
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

I still wouldn't buy thier crap. "American Apparel" my arse...
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by 93camaro
    Quote Originally Posted by AE

I have met the owner at a trade show, and um you should rethink the respect factor, the guy was FORCED to do this, and not a respectable person anyway.
    Ditto camaro! This guy is a militant and has been flaunting our immigration laws for years! His downtown sweatshop is a magnet for illegal invaders and this guy has ignored immigration laws for years.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast