Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

There's a similiar issue circulating about Obama, so I suspect it will only be a short time until it shows up here too.

There are rumours that Obama is not eligible to be President because his mother did not spend enough time in the United States after the age of 16 to give birth to an automatic citizen. However, that argument ifnores the fact that Obama was born on US soil.

So, McCain could have been born on Mars and be a citizen, because his parents were US citizens and as such he is considered a natural born citizen.

OTOH, Obama could have been born to visiting Martians, and would be considered a natural born citizen just because their spaceship landed in Hawaii.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Sharona
    Posted By: Arthur Lawrance
    Date: 2008-02-04 12:05:58

I was born in Christobar Canal Zone, hospital. But, My Birth Certificate says I was born in Colon, Republic of Panama. Coco Solo Naval Base Hospital in the Canal Zone was not built when McCain was born in 1936, it was built during WWII. He was most likely born in the same Hospital that I was. If his parents did not go the the America Consult in Panama and register his birth using Form No.240a when he was born he is not US Citizen. There are a lot of "rules" covering US Citizen whos chrildren were born over seas. Which I will not cover here. Mark my words that if he win the election in 2008 then Democrates will take it to Court.
    The Senate actually already voted on this, because the NY Times started prattling on about it. If he isn't a naturalized citizen, he is a natural born citizen. There's absolutely nothing to go to Court over.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

Duplicate thread

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12