I was quite enraged when I heard McCain even speak Ronald Reagans name last evening. Everytime he mentions he was a footsoldier in the Reagan Revolution I wince, it is akin to standing inside of a shopping mall doing nothing and proclaiming you are part of the growth of Capitalism.

I think there needs to be some serious comparisons made. The is something that never entered my mind before, because I have always known what McCain is about and would have never considered him to be anything other than a thug, let alone a Reagan footsoldier. But since he has spewed this into the public light it should be dealt with.

Michelle Malkin has a great article that is a great starting point for this:

http://michellemalkin.com/2008/01/31/re ... ee-market/

EXCERPT (comparing the two):
[quote]McCAIN:I think that we’ve got to return to the principle that you don’t lend money that can’t pay it back. I think that there’s some greedy people on Wall Street that perhaps need to be punished.
HOOK: I want to start with Senator McCain.

There’s been a lot of discussion lately about the importance of leadership and management experience. What makes you more qualified than Mitt Romney, a successful CEO and businessman, to manage our economy?

MCCAIN: Because I know how to lead. I know how to lead.

I led the largest squadron in the United States Navy. And I did it out of patriotism, not for profit.
COOPER: I’m going to ask you all for follow-ups on this, but, Senator McCain, I just want to give you an opportunity to follow up on that. Is Governor Romney ready to be a military commander?

MCCAIN: Oh, I’m sure that, as I say, he’s a fine man. And I think he managed companies, and he bought, and he sold, and sometimes people lost their jobs. That’s the nature of that business.

REAGAN in comparison:
Ronald Reagan, “What Ever Happened to Free Enterprise,â€