Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

John McCain vs the USS Liberty

John McCains family connections to the cover up of this incident, including the ony 1 week allowed to investigate it, shed light on his lineage and credibility. It always seems he has someone elses interests at heart than Americans, and it seems to be a trait of the namesake.

Background on the incident:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Liberty_incident

The USS Liberty and John McCains presidency:
    http://www.defensetech.org/archives/003776.html

...One candidate with a real interest in this story is Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., who five years ago endorsed a book, The Liberty Incident, that concluded it was a mistake. McCain's interest stems from the fact that his father, the late Adm. John S. McCain, was commander of U.S. Naval Forces, Europe, at the time, and ordered the official court of inquiry to investigate the attack.

Based on the court's findings, Adm. McCain concluded it was a case of mistaken identity. But five years ago the legal advisor to the court broke his own silence in an interview with me, calling the final report a sham, a cover-up. It was about that same time that The Liberty Incident, by A. Jay Cristol, a former Navy pilot and retired judge, hit the bookshelves.

Sen. McCain praised the book and its findings in a blurb that appeared on the back cover.

In recent months there have been more revelations about the attack and immediate aftermath, however. In June, I reported that the Navy already was calling the attack accidental in its casualty notification telegrams to next of kin even before the court of inquiry convened for the first time.

Then came the Tribune story last week, reporting that the National Security Agency's deputy director of operations in 1967 now confirms that transcripts of U.S. intercepts of Israeli communications show the Israelis knew exactly who they were attacking.

Oliver Kirby is quoted in the Trib story as recalling the Israeli pilots several times identifying the ship as American but being told to attack anyway. While some of the original transcripts and intel have disappeared, the story reports that some of it is still in U.S. government archives.

So far, calls to McCain's senate and campaign offices have not been returned.
    New data on the attack:
    http://www.military.com/NewsContent/0,1 ... 19,00.html

Wow, this could be explosive. Not sure anyone would use it, because they are all part of the conspiracy of silence on this issue. This case is highly disturbing, and hardly some far-fetched conspiracy theory. High ranking member of the NSA, CIA, and Joint Cheifs of that era believed it was a deliberate attack.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Yeah it has been buried and the veterans who died have suffered no acknowledgement. John McCain helped to bury it. This is his persona.

Quote Originally Posted by Chosen
    Yeah it has been buried and the veterans who died have suffered no acknowledgement. John McCain helped to bury it. This is his persona.
    Exactly. Although the ships captain received the Congressional Medal of Honor, the ceremony was held in the Naval Ship Yard. Not on the White House Lawn, as is customary. One big, huge cover-up. Shameful.

Remember the Liberty.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

I pasted the above info to an email which I sent to the National American Legion.

Citizen that's a great idea.

Unfortunately, there are too many vets who don't give McCain a hard look and give him the brotherhood credit as a Vietnam veteran and former POW. That is highly undesrtandable to me, but McCain has understood this and constantly used it to his advantage constantly during his military career. My father, a Vietnam veteran who held McCain in some esteem, lost his like for him when he saw his amnesty comments and was completely shocked with this USS Liberty cover-up.

I think sending this off to the American Legion is a great idea. Also, the VFW and some VA outlets via fax might be helpful.

It would be great if the National Commander was flooded with this article.