Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

John McCain: You're No Teddy Roosevelt!

By John W. Lillpop

In a recent interview with the New York Times, John McCain was asked to name the individual he would cite as a "model" conservative.

That would be Barry Goldwater, Ronald Reagan, or perhaps even George W. Bush, right?

The answer: None of the above.

In fact, McCain said the following about his own political leanings: "I count myself as a conservative Republican, yet I view it to a large degree in the Theodore Roosevelt mold," McCain said.

NYT:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/13/us/po ... ref=slogin

McCain's "model" conservative was, of course, a great American, much admired for his intelligence, energy, and determination. Roosevelt was also very hawkish on America.

So much so, in fact, that one must wonder if John McCain is even aware of Roosevelt's thoughts with respect to immigration?

In 1907, for example, Roosevelt said the following about immigrants and being American:

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

It is a wretched shame that Teddy Roosevelt is not around in 2008 to set John McCain straight on American sovereignty, language, and culture.

Think about it:

How would Teddy react to the fact that 12-38 million uneducated, illiterate peasants from Mexico have illegally crossed US borders and have taken up unlawful residence in America in violation of our immigration laws?

How would he take it upon being learning that the overwhelming majority of illegal aliens in the US do not speak or understand English, and actually refuse to learn America's language?

How would Teddy react upon learning that millions of illegal aliens marched through the streets of America with Mexican flags and Spanish banners in tow as they demanded the same rights and benefits as American citizens?

What would Teddy Roosevelt say to a "conservative" presidential candidate who favored scuttling the rule of law in order to grant amnesty to the invaders?

The really big question: How would Teddy Roosevelt react if ordered to "Press 1 for English"?

John McCain: You're no Teddy Roosevelt!

Thanks John.

Nope, McCain you're not even close to TR.
    As a matter of fact, I'd bet if here were alive today he'd shun you so fast you couldn't see him run away from you.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Teddy R rocks. None of our so-called leaders can hold a candle to him.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Mr. Lillpop!

Thank you so much for saying this. I will ask our team to put it on our homepage.

I love Teddy Roosevelt and if he were alive today I believe he would smack McCain across the cheeks with a glove for comparing himself.

Teddy Roosevelt would have our borders secured and the illegals on the run out of this country so fast it would make your head spin. He would have the big business interests responsible for this treachery in stocks!

Roosevelt would probably lead the cavalry to the border personally!

W

More like a Teddy Kennedy.
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!

Duplicate Post Original at

http://www.alipac.us/ftopic-123255-0.html

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJones
    More like a Teddy Kennedy.

Yes, more like Ted Kennedy.
    Proud to be an AMERICAN

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Great post! I love Teddy Roosevelt and when John McCain compares himself to him I I pray we get another leader like T.R. soon instead of the treacherous liars we see today.
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

Juan McAmnesty is embarrassing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast