Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

John Trasvina (MALDEF)

Did anyone see Lou Dobbs interview this IDIOT John Trasvina yesterday? Check out the interview. This guy will make you want to puke. He can't even answer 1 question with any intelligence.

JOHN TRASVINA INTERVIEW
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Re: John Trasvina (MALDEF)

Quote Originally Posted by bigtex
    Did anyone see Lou Dobbs interview this IDIOT John Trasvina yesterday? Check out the interview. This guy will make you want to puke. He can't even answer 1 question with any intelligence.

JOHN TRASVINA INTERVIEW
    Leftists always use the same tactic. They ignore the question and then keep telling the lie that the American people support something they don't really support. Repeated over and over again these soundbites plant themselves in the human brain as "mind control memes". So you end up with Howdy Doody dolls like George Bush mumbling about the "jobs American won't do".

AE

This guy makes me sick to listen to. At best the only way to describe this one is as appearing "impotent". He seemd "out of it". All he kept saying was "the American people want a path to citizenship for illegal aliens". YEAH IN WHO'S WORLD?? Is this guy dealing with reality AT ALL????
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

This guy makes me sick to listen to. At best the only way to describe this one is as appearing "impotent". He seemd "out of it". All he kept saying was "the American people want a path to citizenship for illegal aliens". YEAH IN WHO'S WORLD?? Is this guy dealing with reality AT ALL????
    I wanted Lou to tell the guy to shut up ! He's a jerk, and you're absolutely right, they just keep spewing out the same old lies ! I really don't know how Lou keeps his composure, except that he's such a gentleman. He(Lou) was clearly exasperated with the guy.
    IT'S NOT HOW YOU GET IN, IT'S HOW YOU GET OUT

John Tresvina of MALDEF and janet muguria of LARaza is all about one thing

THE HISPANIC PEOPLE and no one else

Well, thousands take to the streets demanding amnesty for illegal aliens on a day designated as National Law Day by our national laws. And our president and the presidents for the past 50 years. The president of the Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund and I will join together to celebrate Law Day.

And a new report suggesting this economic slowdown is causing hardship in Mexico. We'll have that special report and tell you how the candidates are sort of spinning that little piece of information. Stay with us.

DOBBS: Turnout across the country very light at rallies sponsored by open borders, pro-amnesty, special interest groups on this National Law Day.

John Trasvina is the president and general counsel of the Mexican-American Legal Defense and Educational Fund, MALDEF. He joins us tonight from Chicago.

John, good to have you with us on the broadcast.

JOHN TRASVINA, PRES., MALDEF: Good evening, Lou.

DOBBS: Are you disappointed by the turnout?

TRASVINA: No. Not at all. No, this is a day when the immigrants come out -- out from of the shadows from their regular work really keeping this country moving forward on a number of different areas. They're in the most dangerous and difficult jobs. But today they're out proudly standing up, doing what is very American, which is peaceful protest, peaceful assembly, asking Congress to change the laws, overdue change in the immigration laws.

DOBBS: Well, you say that. And perhaps many of the people you represent say that. But about -- it looks like a sizable majority of 300 million Americans say no, we're not going to do the amnesty thing. We think the law that came out as the McCain-Kennedy legislation three years ago that has been rejected twice in Congress and in most recently by the Senate just isn't the right legislation. So how...

TRASVINA: Well, once again...

DOBBS: So how...

TRASVINA: Once again you're incorrect once again. The majority of the people support these types of programs.

DOBBS: John, John, please do me a favor.

TRASVINA: They support legalization, they support comprehensive immigration reform.

DOBBS: Yes, well, the Congressional Budget Office demonstrated very clearly -- the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office demonstrated clearly that comprehensive immigration reform legislation, which you supported last year, as did a lot of other people, would have only dealt with 25 percent of the illegal immigration problem.

Secondly, it would have been, point of fact, been exorbitantly expensive and would have taken up just about three-fourths of the visas of -- for the families of those who are in this country illegally who would have been given amnesty. So those are difficult, difficult hurdles for even the most fanatical enthusiasts for comprehensive immigration reform to overcome.

Why can't --

TRASVINA: Well, you know, that's one area where you and I agree, the system isn't working.

DOBBS: Right.

TRASVINA: It's not working for the American people, it's not working for the immigrants, it's not working for the nation's economy.

TRASVINA: It needs to be fixed. That's why people are out today...

TRASVINA: ...to seek those kind of fixes.

DOBBS: But also seeking to -- have the U.S. immigration laws that are infrequently, but certainly with increasing frequency, being enforced by Immigration and Customs Enforcement. Don't you think it's a little bold to demand that laws are not -- be not enforced?

TRASVINA: Of course not. The movement for against segregation laws back in the '60s, the same kind of demonstrations. You would deny those people back in the '60s, black, white, Asian, Latinos, together fighting -- coming out and marching, you would deny those people the right to peaceably assembly? I don't think so. On this particular issue, the nation's needs to be heard. The nation's needs need to be heard.

DOBBS: All we're hearing from...

TRASVINA: The current system isn't working.

DOBBS: Right. All we're hearing from -- we've heard very clearly as has the U.S. Senate and these presidential candidates, by the way, that the majority of Americans are opposed to a blanket amnesty and will not stand for it.

TRASVINA: Well, the Tancredo part of the party didn't win.

DOBBS: Oh please, please.

TRASVINA: Tancredo did win. Duncan Hunter didn't win. The three remaining candidates Senators Clinton, Senator Obama and Senator McCain, have supported comprehensive immigration reform, as do the majority of the American people, Lou.

DOBBS: Actually, they don't, the majority, that is, of the American people. But let's get to the real issue. Why is it that corporate America on the right, if you will, and on the left, social (INAUDIBLE) centrist activist groups, you know, various left-wing groups have met on the issue of exploiting illegal labor in this country, want a free pass on it, and refuse and resist to secure our borders when at a time when the principal victims of the -- the principal source, of course, of methamphetamines, heroin, cocaine, and marijuana is Mexico, yet the very people who purport to represent the -- some of the ethnic peoples in this country who are being most devastated by addiction and by those drugs, are refusing to secure the border?

Don't -- do you think that's irresponsible?

TRASVINA: Well, your side of the debate is allowing the United States to do nothing on these issues.

DOBBS: No, no, actually, John, that is not...

(CROSSTALK)

DOBBS: I said secure the border. You haven't got the guts to say the same thing.

TRASVINA: Absolutely.

DOBBS: You secure the border -- look, I'll join with you and we'll work out -- we can sit here and talk about immigration law. But you're playing your gamings.

TRASVINA: MALDEF is an organization of lawyers. We believe in the law. And...

DOBBS: Then why don't you enforce it instead of call for its lack of enforcement?

TRASVINA: Part of - legalization, part of enforcement is legalization. It's an overall picture. So it's enforcing the law. Of course, we absolutely support it.

DOBBS: Do you want to legalize marijuana, heroin, cocaine, methamphetamines? Because that's what -- those drugs are killing people in the very ethnic group that you purport to represent.

TRASVINA: Look, Lou, you can get on different subjects all you want. On the issue of immigration...

DOBBS: I'm not -- it's all about the border, it's all about securing this border, it's all about enforcing our laws.

TRASVINA: No. A lot of people come in, don't even come across the border, and they come in legally and overstay their visas. So it's not -- don't focus on the border.

DOBBS: Oh don't focus on the border?

TRASVINA: You can behind it all you want.

DOBBS: Is it that inconvenient to you?

TRASVINA: No. it's not...

DOBBS: You're the one hiding here.

TRASVINA: We're talking...

DOBBS: You're obfuscating.

TRASVINA: Lou, we're talking about addressing comprehensive immigration. The nation's needs. You had earlier on about...

DOBBS: The nation's needs?

TRASVINA: Yes.

DOBBS: The nation's needs.

TRASVINA: The American heritage of the nation of welcoming immigrations. Immigrants improving themselves and...

DOBBS: John, John...

TRASVINA: ...and improving the nation.

DOBBS: Let me ask you a question.

TRASVINA: Today's immigrants are no different than the immigrants of the past.

DOBBS: OK.

TRASVINA: Whether they're Pennsylvania Dutch, the Italian...

DOBBS: I'll tell you what, I'm going to ask you a question, you ask me a question. A fair deal? And we'll give an answer.

TRASVINA: It's your show. Go ahead.

DOBBS: Well, no. I'm asking if you would agree. We're friends. Don't kid anybody here. You and I have gotten along very well.

TRASVINA: Well, we get along very well, but that's about it, Lou. Go ahead.

DOBBS: OK. So let's -- are you willing to do that? I'll ask you a question, you ask me one.

TRASVINA: Yes, go ahead, Lou.

DOBBS: All right. Let me ask you this, if, in point of fact, we could secure the borders, would you be willing to secure those borders and ports, and then begin the process of reforming our laws or would you resist that idea absolutely?

TRASVINA: The two go hand in hand. Legalization is helping us secure the nation.

DOBBS: You and I both...

TRASVINA: So you have an artificial distinction between what you're saying enforce the laws and other -- everything else is reform. It's all reform. The system needs to be reformed, whether it's the border security, or whether it is the entry-exit system, or the legalization, or the long waits for family leave...

DOBBS: We could have had -- we would be on the issue right now. We could be undergoing a very vigorous reform of our immigration laws had your organization and others not resisted securing that border.

TRASVINA: Absolutely not. You're just incorrect, Lou. The people who want to debate on the bill want to move forward.

DOBBS: You get your question.

TRASVINA: I don't have a question for you, Lou. But what I want to say...

DOBBS: Sure.

TRASVINA: ...is that we could have had comprehensive immigration reform because most of the American people want the overall perspective of comprehensive immigration reform. Not just one part of it, not another part of it. Every time Congress has done just one piece, it's failed. It has to do both. It has to address the legal immigration and illegal.

DOBBS: It's has last (INAUDIBLE). John -- it has to do what?

TRASVINA: It must address both legal immigration and illegal immigration together.

DOBBS: All right.

TRASVINA: It didn't do that the last time.

DOBBS: Oh I agree with you on that actually.

John, thank you very much. John Trasvina...

TRASVINA: Thank you, Lou.

DOBBS: ...on this our National Law Day. We appreciate your being with us.

Still ahead, our country's economic crisis being felt across our border. We'll have that report in a great deal more. Stay with us.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

DOBBS: This country is struggling. Our economy making it harder for Latino immigrants including illegal aliens to send back money to their relatives. According to a new survey, only half of the Latino immigrants living in this country are now sending money back regularly. That's down 73 percent just two years ago.

And we're going to do something a little different here. We're going to be taking up discussion in a moment. We're going to be right back.

TRASVINA: No. Not at all. No, this is a day when the immigrants come out -- out from of the shadows from their regular work really keeping this country moving forward on a number of different areas. They're in the most dangerous and difficult jobs. But today they're out proudly standing up, doing what is very American, which is peaceful protest, peaceful assembly, asking Congress to change the laws, overdue change in the immigration laws.
    -----------------------------------

What is so dangerous and difficult about being a maid, building houses and other construction jobs? how is working in a restaurant or corner cafe dangerous?

Quote Originally Posted by jamesw62

What is so dangerous and difficult about being a maid, building houses and other construction jobs? how is working in a restaurant or corner cafe dangerous?
    Yeah, cutting the grass is a pretty dangerous job too. Every week I save an ILLEGAL the chance of putting his poor life at risk by doing it MYSELF.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

U.S.A.- for legal citizens, not illegals!
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesw62
    John Tresvina of MALDEF and janet muguria of LARaza is all about one thing

THE HISPANIC PEOPLE and no one else
    You are 100% correct. If it were Irish, Italian, Asian, German, or any other non-hispanic illegal that were ready to be deported, the pro-illegal groups like the racist LaRaza wouldn't care.
    The National Council of LaRaza is the largest*hate group.

He was right about one thing most Americans want immigration reform.
    But they want it reformed with American Citizens in mind!
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast