Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

JUAN WILLIAMS: I Was Fired for Telling the Truth

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2010/10/ ... eiss-bush/

JUAN WILLIAMS: I Was Fired for Telling the Truth
    By Juan Williams
    Published October 21, 2010

Yesterday NPR fired me for telling the truth. The truth is that I worry when I am getting on an airplane and see people dressed in garb that identifies them first and foremost as Muslims.

This is not a bigoted statement. It is a statement of my feelings, my fears after the terrorist attacks of 9/11 by radical Muslims. In a debate with Bill O’Reilly I revealed my fears to set up the case for not making rash judgments about people of any faith. I pointed out that the Atlanta Olympic bomber -- as well as Timothy McVeigh and the people who protest against gay rights at military funerals -- are Christians but we journalists don’t identify them by their religion.

And I made it clear that all Americans have to be careful not to let fears lead to violation of anyone’s constitutional rights, be it to build a mosque, carry the Koran or drive a New York cab without fear having your throat slashed. Bill and I argued after I said he has to take care in the way he talks about the 9/11 attacks so as not to provoke bigotry.

This was an honest, sensitive debate hosted by O’Reilly. At the start of the debate Bill invited me, challenged me to tell him where he was wrong for stating the fact that “Muslims killed us there,â€

This reeks of communist Russia or some banana republic. They are making muslims victims and a protected class.

I very seldom agreed with williams on much, but I do not think he should have been fired for what he said. Islam wins again. When will we let this crap stop. We need to talk openly and have honest talks about the problems in this country and Islam is a BIG problem. He has a right to voice his opinion without being fired. He is a liberal and he is suffering from liberal policies. WAKE UP JUAN. PC IS NOT A GOOD THING FOR THIS COUNTRY.

I felt bad for Juan. What he said echos how many of us feel about ourselves being called racists/bigots for wanting to stop illegal immigration.
    I knew exactly what he was talking about when he said it. It's the La Raza, NAACP type people who perpetuate these other kinds of asinine reactions to something so basic and simple. How do you think I felt that when I checked my luggage at an airport a few days after 911 and noticed that the guy taking my luggage was wearing a name badge that said "OSAMA" ? Because I was nervous about flying after 911, the name Osama alarmed me on some level that made me a racist? I think not.

Quote Originally Posted by elpasoborn
    I felt bad for Juan. What he said echos how many of us feel about ourselves being called racists/bigots for wanting to stop illegal immigration.
    I knew exactly what he was talking about when he said it. It's the La Raza, NAACP type people who perpetuate these other kinds of asinine reactions to something so basic and simple. How do you think I felt that when I checked my luggage at an airport a few days after 911 and noticed that the guy taking my luggage was wearing a name badge that said "OSAMA" ? Because I was nervous about flying after 911, the name Osama alarmed me on some level that made me a racist? I think not.
    what the hell is going on he can not say anything it freedom of speech
    our guy's & girls are over sea figthing for Our freedom & this happen .
    it ok for them to say what they want . I was alway told say what on your Mind well I wish him good Luck . you will get a better job .
    all i know some thing has to be done . our country is goin g down hill
    ALIPac thank for the new
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Fox news just reported that they have given Juan Williams an expanded roll on their network.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    Fox news just reported that they have given Juan Williams an expanded roll on their network.
    Ails gave him a 2 million dollar contract for 3 years

While I hate most libs , I can tolerate Juan

I think it was a good move on Fox's part

I believe this situation is just GREAT! The PC Police have exposed themselves. When it becomes clear that ANY deviation from their agenda won't be tolerated people notice!

By cannibalizing one of their own they've done the nation a great service. jmo

In this case, I have to agree...what a shame! Firing someone for telling the truth, especially a perosnality such as this just lends creadence to the "left wing" loonies....
    "Throw every eligible*politician out of the Federal Govenment this November!* If their replacement doesn't do the job, then throw them out the next go around."