Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Talk about misunderstanding...I too had to deal with a order taker who didn't comprehend English.

I had to order sandwiches at this local Sandwiche shop and I wanted to pay for mine on a credit card which they always do over the phone. Well I specifically told this lady with a heavy accent that I would be paying for my own lunch with a card and the rest will be with cash when my coworker goes and picks it up.

I paid over the phone for my own lunch ok.

My coworker arrived and told me what happen? At first I didn't understand, but she told she got there and the lady told her it was all paid for.

I am like WTF!!! So I went to my online banking to find that she charged me on my card for ALL 8 RibEye Steak Sancwiches which came to about 35 bucks. Luckily I had some funds to cover it, and of course I got reimbursed when my coworkers gave me their money for the sandwiches.

Never again will I order from there.

I will never give my order to a non speaking English person who can't comprehend what I'm saying.

We can't be quiet anymore or they win. I went to a brand new Save Mart the other day. They had a Van in front blairing Mexican music and some announcer speaking in Spanish (evidently from a Hispanic radio station). This infuriated me. I went right home and called Save Mart's customer service. I told them that it was a shame that they felt they had to pander to one race. That I lived in America and I didn't want to go to a brand new store in a new mall and feel like I was in a foreign country. I told them they had lost my business and all my friends business. They seemed surprised that this store was doing this and asked me to speak to the store manager. When I said no it was too late, they asked me to give them another chance that they didn't want to lose business over one stupid mistake on their part.

I guess the way the economy is they don't want to lose customers, but they better start thinking about how their pandering affects everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman
    The only fast food places I eat in CA are IN-and-out and Wendy's. All the rest are staffed by invaders.

I am with you bowman...the list of fast food places I will go to is getting smaller and smaller. My son was going to del taco and kept getting sick, and also got major attitude when he asked for more hot sauce. The worked actually threw handfuls of hot sauce into his truck, while screaming(do you think i am trying to rip you off?) needless to say he has not been back.
    So it is only in-n-out and a local family owned fast food resturant for us...
    two resturants out of 11 in our small town .
    Bring back the Rotary Phone so we dont have to pressÂ*1 forÂ*English...Â*

Where I live in southern California all the fast food restaurants hire illegals, the government knows this but the government doesn't care...I'm lucky if I can understand very little broken english when these people take my order. I always have to go through the bag to check my order because it is wrong half the time! The illegals sure aren't in the shadows, they are just taking over. It just doesn't feel like America anymore here in southern California.

AE

All of what you all said is true. The orders are almost always wrong, they can be exceedingly rude, and usually cannot understand a thing you, or maybe even their American co-workers are saying.

One conversation I overheard when I took back our excessivley salty fries at BK, American worker, "no more salt" (as she hand gestures that action of salting the fries), illegal worker smiles and throws on more salt. American worker, extreme disgust as she rolls her eyes says "NO MORE SALT" heavily gesturing against the salt shaker and putting her hand against it in a "stop" sign motion.

Another problem we have. My 14 year old son is lactose intolerant, and does not eat any condiments but ketchup and mustard. It seems every time we say NO MAYONAISSE, these people put on EXTRA MAYONAISSE. They also ALWAYS put on cheese, even though we were VERY specific NO CHEESE.

We try the best we can not to eat out at fast food, sometimes it is just not possible to plan ahead, but the idea of an ice chest with drinks and food to quell teen starvation versus fast food stops is a good idea, might try that (since we do have a nice sized van).
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

Quote Originally Posted by AE
    All of what you all said is true. The orders are almost always wrong, they can be exceedingly rude, and usually cannot understand a thing you, or maybe even their American co-workers are saying.

One conversation I overheard when I took back our excessivley salty fries at BK, American worker, "no more salt" (as she hand gestures that action of salting the fries), illegal worker smiles and throws on more salt. American worker, extreme disgust as she rolls her eyes says "NO MORE SALT" heavily gesturing against the salt shaker and putting her hand against it in a "stop" sign motion.

Another problem we have. My 14 year old son is lactose intolerant, and does not eat any condiments but ketchup and mustard. It seems every time we say NO MAYONAISSE, these people put on EXTRA MAYONAISSE. They also ALWAYS put on cheese, even though we were VERY specific NO CHEESE.

We try the best we can not to eat out at fast food, sometimes it is just not possible to plan ahead, but the idea of an ice chest with drinks and food to quell teen starvation versus fast food stops is a good idea, might try that (since we do have a nice sized van).
    The funny thing is NO means the same thing in English and spanish.

AE

The funny thing is NO means the same thing in English and spanish.
    That's just fantastic...especially in a food work place setting!!
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123