Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Kennedy's Response

Dear Mr.:

Thank you for contacting me about immigration reform. This is a complex issue, with many important aspects, and it requires a comprehensive solution. 12 million undocumented workers are currently living in the United States. They’re working, paying taxes, and raising children who are U.S. citizens. They contribute to our economy, and it is time to bring them out of the shadows and end their unfair exploitation by unscrupulous employers in communities across the country.

Funds for border enforcement have increased dramatically over the years. The budget for the Border Patrol has increased from $263 million in 1990 to $1.6 billion today - a six-fold increase. Yet during this period, hundreds of thousands of undocumented immigrants have entered the U.S. each year. Our immigration system is broken, and it is clear that border enforcement alone will not fix it.

After long and thorough negotiations with the White House and fellow Senators, Republican and Democrat, we have developed a comprehensive immigration reform bill. The bill strengthens border security by increasing the number of border agents, building a border fence, using new technologies to monitor and enforce the border, and imposing higher penalties for workplaces that employ undocumented immigrants. The bill also contains a temporary worker program to help American businesses meet their employment. It addresses the millions of undocumented immigrants living in the United States by providing a means to obtain legal status after undergoing background checks, paying a fine, and going to the back of the line for greencards.

The bill is a realistic and comprehensive solution that will not only protect our borders, but also enable needed temporary workers to enter the country legally, and allow workers already here to earn legal status. It has already been discussed in the Senate once, and despite some setbacks, I hope we will be able to bring it back before the Senate for further debate and passage.

By heritage and history, America is a nation of immigrants, and we must preserve this tradition. Making necessary changes in our immigration laws will ensure that immigrant families today, as in the past, can continue to live the American dream and contribute to our prosperity, our security, and our values.

Again, thank you for writing to me about this important issue.

Sincerely,
    Edward M. Kennedy

ONCE AGAIN THE LIES!

Once again I refer you to Senator Sessions' "Sneaky Lawyer Tricks' speech for a rebuttal.

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?nam...s+url&start=50 Page 3

See my post for the link to the 'Sneaky Lawyer Tricks' speech.

Wait...here....

http://sessions.senate.gov/pressapp/rec ... ?id=256024
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

I am not kidding you I just got the exact same e-mail response from WARNER in VA. These guys are attached at the hip with Kennedy. What the HELL!!!!!

I Live in VA...

Warner needs to be constantly reminded to vote against S. 1348. He is dangerous, so do NOT let up on the calls, faxes, and emails.

Webb seems to get it, but reinforcement can only help Mr. Webb. His reversal on the second vote was a revelation!

I fax or call them daily with responsible correspondence.

Keep it up! These are actually the most critical days!

Lookie! Mine's different! Mine says "Mrs."

Dear Mrs.:

Thank you for contacting me about immigration reform. This is a complex issue, with many important aspects, and it requires a comprehensive solution. 12 million undocumented workers are currently living in the United States. They’re working, paying taxes, and raising children who are U.S. citizens. They contribute to our economy, and it is time to bring them out of the shadows and end their unfair exploitation by unscrupulous employers in communities across the country.

Funds for border enforcement have increased dramatically over the years. The budget for the Border Patrol has increased from $263 million in 1990 to $1.6 billion today - a six-fold increase. Yet during this period, hundreds of thousands of undocumented immigrants have entered the U.S. each year. Our immigration system is broken, and it is clear that border enforcement alone will not fix it.

After long and thorough negotiations with the White House and fellow Senators, Republican and Democrat, we have developed a comprehensive immigration reform bill. The bill strengthens border security by increasing the number of border agents, building a border fence, using new technologies to monitor and enforce the border, and imposing higher penalties for workplaces that employ undocumented immigrants. The bill also contains a temporary worker program to help American businesses meet their employment. It addresses the millions of undocumented immigrants living in the United States by providing a means to obtain legal status after undergoing background checks, paying a fine, and going to the back of the line for greencards.

The bill is a realistic and comprehensive solution that will not only protect our borders, but also enable needed temporary workers to enter the country legally, and allow workers already here to earn legal status. It has already been discussed in the Senate once, and despite some setbacks, I hope we will be able to bring it back before the Senate for further debate and passage.

By heritage and history, America is a nation of immigrants, and we must preserve this tradition. Making necessary changes in our immigration laws will ensure that immigrant families today, as in the past, can continue to live the American dream and contribute to our prosperity, our security, and our values.

Sincerely,
    Edward M. Kennedy
    "The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by Larry
    I Live in VA...

Warner needs to be constantly reminded to vote against S. 1348. He is dangerous, so do NOT let up on the calls, faxes, and emails.

Webb seems to get it, but reinforcement can only help Mr. Webb. His reversal on the second vote was a revelation!

I fax or call them daily with responsible correspondence.

Keep it up! These are actually the most critical days!
    Warner will probably retire in 08 so he really isn't going to listen to his constituents, only his pocket-padders. He's a disgrace to Virginia.

There's some hope for Webb, I think. But we need to write him often. Like several times per day.

I've never gotten any response from Webb. Two identical letters from Warner (dated same day). Not a very good return for my tax money.
    "The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." Patrick Henry

Re: Kennedy's Response

Send this to your pal Teddy.

Quote Originally Posted by chadlingoc
    Dear Mr.:

Thank you for contacting me about immigration reform. This is a complex issue with many important aspects, the most important of all being that if these Third world invaders are given amnesty they will all vote Democratic. 12 million undocumented workers are currently living in the United States. They’re stealing benefits intended for US citizens, closing ERs, driving drunk, ruining schools and neighborhoods, leering at your preteen daughters, playing hispanic-style music at Motley Crue decibal levels at 2 AM and shooting State Troopers in the face. These are jobs Americans do not want to do, especially shooting the State Trooper . They are destroying our economy, and it is time to bring them out of the shadows so they can continue their unfair exploitation of the hapless US taxpayer in communities across the country.

Funds for border enforcement have increased dramatically over the years, yet each year more and more of them stumble across. The budget for the Border Patrol has increased from $263 million in 1990 to $1.6 billion today - a six-fold increase. Yet during this period, hundreds of thousands of undocumented immigrants have entered the U.S. each year. It might be difficult for these exemplary individuals to climb a fence, so we will set up cameras to take pictures of them as they go by. We will also hire more BP agents who will be thrown in jail if they attempt to in any way impede the flow of these people who are so essential to mowing my lawn.

After long and thorough negotiations with the White House and fellow Senators, Republican and Democrat, we have developed a comprehensive amnesty bill. The bill strengthens border security by increasing the number of border agents who will not be permitted to do their job, building an addtional 7 miles of border fence, using new technologies to monitor the border so we will know how many more are coming in and can increase your taxes accordingly, and increasing the penalty for workplaces that employ undocumented immigrantsfrom $25 to $27. The bill also contains a temporary worker program so no American teen will ever have to work a summer job again because they won't be able to find one. It addresses the millions of undocumented immigrants living in the United States by allowing them to stay in the US '4-ever' and partake of the full cornucopia of benefits such as welfare.

The bill is a realistic and comprehensive solution that will turn the United States into something resembling Juarez, but I don't care because I will be sitting in my fortified compound on Cape Cod with a bottle of scotch in my hand. It has already been discussed in the Senate once, and despite some setbacks, I hope we will be able to bring it back before the Senate for further debate and passage.

By heritage and history, America was a great nation before I helped craft the 1965 immigration laws. We have been on a downhill trajectory ever since. Making necessary changes in our immigration laws will ensure that the US will be totally destroyed, and you will be able to live the American dream while residing in a tin roof shack that is about to fall over. Have fun!

Sincerely,
    Edward M. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by curiouspat
    ONCE AGAIN THE LIES!
    Once again I refer you to Senator Sessions' "Sneaky Lawyer Tricks' speech for a rebuttal.
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?nam...s+url&start=50 Page 3
    See my post for the link to the 'Sneaky Lawyer Tricks' speech.
    Wait...here....
    http://sessions.senate.gov/pressapp/rec ... ?id=256024
    Yeah, but look at the people of Massachusetts that repeatedly re-elect Kennedy!

It seems many northern states don't appreciate the problems in the border states. Our ERs are being overrun. Our schools are being overrun. 32% of illegal aliens receive welfare. 29% of all incarcerated are illegal aliens. Crime is on the rise. 95% of all warrants for homicide in Los Angelos are for illegal aliens. All of it is costing U.S. tax payers net losses (after all potential gains) of over $70 billion annually. And that does not even include the untold cost of crime, disease, and lost jobs for 2.3 million Americans.

Government won't be responsible until the voters do too.
    Too many voters repeatedly reward irresponsible politicians by repeatedly re-electing them.

Why should politicians pay any attention to the majority of voters when that same majority of voters repeatedly re-electing, regardless?

That ought to be the agenda.

FAXing and calling your Congress persons is pointless if the majority of voters repeatedly re-elect them anyway.

Great letter caileinchicago. I used to live in Aurora but was forced to flee to Georgia because I couldn't speak Spanish. I guess my next destination will have to be Ireland or some country where they speak English. I am one of only 3 families left in my neighborhood (out of about 60 families in 24 houses) who speak English as a primary Language. Believe it or not all three families live in 3 different houses too!
    You are the Grayrider, you would not make peace with the bluecoats, you may go in peace

Quote Originally Posted by Grayrider
    Great letter caileinchicago. I used to live in Aurora but was forced to flee to Georgia because I couldn't speak Spanish. I guess my next destination will have to be Ireland or some country where they speak English. I am one of only 3 families left in my neighborhood (out of about 60 families in 24 houses) who speak English as a primary Language. Believe it or not all three families live in 3 different houses too!
    You had best take pictures to document this so that when you tell your grandchildren that families used to live one to a house, you will be able to prove it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast