Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Ky. Sen. Bunning lays out principles for real immigration re

June 8th, 2007

BUNNING SAYS AMNESTY IS THE WRONG APPROACH; LAYS OUT PRINCIPLES FOR REAL IMMIGRATION REFORM

Washington, DC - U.S. Senator Jim Bunning today issued the following statement regarding the need to enact real immigration reform. Bunning helped lead the fight over the last few weeks against the amnesty bill that was defeated in the Senate late Thursday evening.

“The so-called immigration compromise that we have been debating over the last few weeks in the Senate finally met its end yesterday. Like the majority of Americans, I had grave concerns about this amnesty bill, and I voted against it numerous times. This bill was flawed in many ways and I was glad to help defeat it. It was simply the wrong approach.

“Not only did the bill provide amnesty to millions of illegal aliens, but it also gave them their own V.I.P. line to citizenship and stuck the taxpayers with the bill for their health care, education, welfare, and Social Security. It did not secure the border. It did not create a workable system for employers to verify that they are not hiring illegal aliens. In short, the bill would not have stopped the flow of illegal immigrants and was worse than the status quo.

“I do believe that we need immigration reform, but we need the right immigration reform. We must start by securing our borders and enforcing the laws already on the books. There must be no amnesty or other rewards for illegal aliens. Any bill must stop the flow of new illegal aliens. New immigrants must learn English and want to contribute to society, not just live off the generosity of the American taxpayers. A temporary guest worker program must be truly temporary, protect American workers, include only legal aliens, and ensure that the workers go home at the end of their stay.

“Supporters of the so-called compromise argue that our nation’s rich tradition of legal immigration justifies wide-spread amnesty. I believe that appreciating the contributions that the immigrant brings to our nation does not mean we surrender the right of our nation and its citizens to decide who comes here. [size=150][b]They may try to revive this flawed proposal at some point, but rest assured I will continue to oppose it unless the amnesty is taken out and the other flaws are fixed.â€
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

I wish we had Bunning here in Florida! We have two duds, Martinez and Nelson! What sell outs!

Maybe I'll send Senator Bunning the picture of the kid wearing a Mexican Flag over his graduation gown in our town. Talk about not assimilating and being ungrateful for what we have given him. UGH
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

great idea.. send that along to all those that oppose or on the fence.
    "Democrats Fall in Love, Republicans Fall in Line!"

Ex-El Presidente' www.jorgeboosh.com

Bunning is right on the mark. I think I might cut and paste a couple of paragraphs of his statements out and send them to every pro-amnesty Senator just to make sure they don't miss this.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thank you, Senator Bunning.

We Kentuckians are very proud of Senator Bunning and you all are not getting him!We saw him first.We will give you "Mr. Amnesty" Senator McConnell if you want him.We'll even throw in a couple of pomegranates to boot if you"ll take him.

He seems determined to reintroduce this bill 1348 until it passes.The good news is that it seems he will have both good Democrat and Republican opposition in 2008.I would support either party to assure a non-amnesty candidate replaces Mr. Amesty in the Senate next year.

Well, ChromeDome, Kentucky and Alabama are two very fortunate states to have the calibar of senators that you both have.

Yes, the residents of both of these states should be proud.

Quote Originally Posted by LegalUSCitizen
    Well, ChromeDome, Kentucky and Alabama are two very fortunate states to have the calibar of senators that you both have.

Yes, the residents of both of these states should be proud.

We are very proud of Senator Bunning and his support of the American citizens.It's a fact that Kentucky is one of the most conservative states in the Union.Even most of our Democrats and Independents tend to be mostly conservatives.I myself was a conservative Democrat for years,and always voted for the conservative candidate,whether he or she was Independent,Democrat,or Republican.I tend to lean just to the right of Tom Tancredo and Senator Sessions.