Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

La Opinion interviews Calderon in L.A.

This interview was conducted in Los Angeles with La Opinion while Calderon avoided the American press. Coward!!!

TRANSLATED FROM:
    http://www.laopinion.com/ciudad/?rkey=0 ... 0003272690

LO: Which would be the features in the plan of an ideal migratory reform for Mexico? Which would they be the interests that that reform aught to have?

FC: I tried to be very careful with that issue; I am absolutely convinced that an integral migratory reform is needed in the United States that by the same thing we should give strategic and careful steps in order not to spoil it. And one of them is not to irritate more spirits and feelings that have been increase in the American society the sense of discrimination, and even, of hatred towards the immigration issue or the Mexican issue. Therefore I want to redefine the issue as a matter of integration, of complementing and of mutual interest between the United States and Mexico. I think that there should be a recognition about the contributions that have been done by the Mexicans in the United States, and that recognition should be translated in action, for them and for their families.

An issue that one must resolve also is the worry about security thatthe Americans have and that seems to me that is a legitimate worry. When they tell me that if I want a secure border, of course that I do not only want it, I require a secure border; but they should not make a mistake, their enemies are not the migrants, their enemy is organized crime that acts and operates in both sides of the border.

LO: After your meeting with common leaders, which are the steps that your government are continuing to give protection and legal counsel to the victims of raids or to the people that are deported?

FC: The consular task implies legal aid and legal help to the limit of our possibilities, and I understand that we have to intensify that role. Someone suggested yesterday in the meeting with leaders [in Los Angeles] the creation of legal brigades of rapid response, and I think that is a very good idea that we should support (…) I have taken some decisions: all the money that the Mexican consulates collct in the United States will remain with them to improve the attention; so the consulate in Los Angeles lends services seven days a week;an increase in mobil consulates in the cities where there was not, or the establishment of "Consulates On Wheels".

OK, I have to admit my ignorance. Can someone please translate Calderon's English into American English for me?

Thank you in advance.
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

U.S.A.- for legal citizens, not illegals!

Re: La Opinion interviews Calderon in L.A.

I am absolutely convinced that an integral migratory reform is needed in the United States
    Oh really Calderon? How did you become "convinced?" When you figured out it was best to send your poor to the U.S. so you won't be responsible for them anymore? Calderon, please reform your own country and take care of your own.
    The National Council of LaRaza is the largest*hate group.