Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

La Raza Now Depending on The House!

A glaring reminder of why our fight is NOT over!

TODAY'S VOTE A SETBACK, NOT THE END, FOR COMPREHENSIVE IMMIGRATION REFORM

Washington, DC – The National Council of La Raza (NCLR), the largest national Hispanic civil rights and advocacy organization in the U.S., expressed deep disappointment with today’s vote to end Senate consideration of comprehensive immigration reform.

“Today’s action is a victory for the status quo, and no one should be happy about that. But the Senate vote is a setback, not the death knell, for comprehensive immigration reform. We are not giving up on getting a real, effective, and fair solution to the immigration issue,â€

If they thought the going was rough in the Senate...they haven't seen nothing yet. The House is a BAD place for them to look for any type of success.

She can look to the house all she wants, a crap bill like this will get an even colder reception there! Is she serious???
    Must be drinking too much bush kool-aid.
    <div>Thank you Governor Brewer!</div>

If the House was where they thought they could have made it happen they would have put more focus there. This is their backup plan, we have to fight it, but expect it to be a little weaker.

[quote]In the long run, legislators should and will be held accountable for not moving a solution forward,â€
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

[quote]“Finally, we believe that whatever political gain people think may come out of this vote will be short-lived, especially in light of the growing and increasingly energized Latino electorate. In the long run, legislators should and will be held accountable for not moving a solution forward,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Although it appears that the House is overwhelmingly opposed to amnesty, we still need to aggressively ensure that they are not swayed by special interest groups like La Raza. I just don't trust them.

Every conceivable strong-arm tactic will no doubt be used. We must be prepared.

She got the wind knock out of her sails. I am sure Kennedy, clinton etc.. were communicating and saying "our backroom deals are good!" and she was strutting around like a peacock. Something must of already been up as it seems an illegal who counterfits documents KNEW of this and said that he suspected it would pass... now how is that? I bet this was brewing for a long while.

Someone should tell this lady that the growing hispanic voters don't necessarily agree with this amnesty.... and I wish more hispanic groups would come out and say so....

Maybe she is talking about illegals voting... but that would be illegal, wouldn't it?

But maybe she should be quiet else she will FULLY WAKE this sleeping dragon, in the United States Citizen....

In the 2004 elections:
    Latino 8%

That is a small amount to make threats lady and this is assuming they are all for illegal immigrants getting amnesty. I DON'T THINK SO.

Someone should set her straight.

We need to work on the house and senate not to fund LaRaza. It is using the money for political gain, not aiding the people. Ask for the peer review of the grants and ask for the output. Ever government grant must have an output and be reviewed.

Quote Originally Posted by Beckyal
    We need to work on the house and senate not to fund LaRaza. It is using the money for political gain, not aiding the people. Ask for the peer review of the grants and ask for the output. Ever government grant must have an output and be reviewed.
    I agree. We all have great ideas but things are too scattered..

Can alipac have a "to do listing board"? For instance, this would be one entry, and perhaps we can have supportors listed under it or able to be active in it... I fear this post will get lost.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast