Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: La Raza Now Depending on The House!

[quote="fedupDeb"]A glaring reminder of why our fight is NOT over!

TODAY'S VOTE A SETBACK, NOT THE END, FOR COMPREHENSIVE IMMIGRATION REFORM

Washington, DC – The National Council of La Raza (NCLR), the largest national Hispanic civil rights and advocacy organization in the U.S., expressed deep disappointment with today’s vote to end Senate consideration of comprehensive immigration reform.

“Today’s action is a victory for the status quo, and no one should be happy about that. But the Senate vote is a setback, not the death knell, for comprehensive immigration reform. We are not giving up on getting a real, effective, and fair solution to the immigration issue,â€
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by VaMinuteMan
    If they thought the going was rough in the Senate...they haven't seen nothing yet. The House is a BAD place for them to look for any type of success.
    not when the GOP took a vote in private the ohter day and only 14 said they would support anyhting similiar to waht the senator had come up with

Recip, we need some kind of documentation that LaRaza is using thst money to encourage illegals. I tried to dig up something, but came up empty. Got any ideas.

I'm in it with you, fight on!!!
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    Recip, we need some kind of documentation that LaRaza is using thst money to encourage illegals. I tried to dig up something, but came up empty. Got any ideas.

I'm in it with you, fight on!!!
    We don't need anything, their Charter states thats they are a civil rights group that advocates for Latino Americans, so why are they advocating For foreign Nationals here Illegally? As far as i'm concerned, they shouldn't be entitled to TaxPayer funds for that alone.
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

I think part of the reason NumbersUSA put up the current fax to your Representative is to head them off in advance. Please be sure and go to Numbers and send the fax to your Congressman or Congresswoman and say "Don't even think about it!".

My Rep., David Wu, never met an amnesty he didn't like. Here's my NumbersUSA fax to him:

Congressman David Wu
    1023 Longworth, U.S. House of Representatives
    Washington, DC 20515

Dear Representative Wu,

Please follow the Senate's lead and do not force an Illegal Alien Amnesty on America!

Many members of the Senate destroyed their careers trying to push a fatally flawed bill on the American people against their will.

If you think the public backlash over S 1639 was bad, just try Flake-Gutierrez or any other "comprehensive bill. We will have none of that. If you attempt to bring anything that even smells like S 1639, you and the other House members will experience upheaval beyond comprehension.

Now is the time to revive the legislation by Rep. King using the IRS to help enforce workplace immigration law, which is supported by your Senate counterpart Gordon Smith.

As our representative in the House of Representatives, you must now INSIST that the Bush Administration build the border fence and enforce our existing immigration laws.

Cordially,

I'll be following up with an e-mail and phone call.
    Check your credit report regularly, an illegal may be using your Social Security number.

[quote="fedupDeb"]A glaring reminder of why our fight is NOT over!

whatever political gain people think may come out of this vote will be short-lived, especially in light of
    the growing and increasingly energized Latino electorate.

In the long run, legislators should and will be held accountable for not moving a solution forward,â€
    " Do not compromise yourself . You are all you've got ." -Janice Joplin .

Quote Originally Posted by Reciprocity
    Just want To let you Know Janet, we'll be going after your funding bill H.R. 1999 which is in committee right Now.

Yes - I'd like to know the status and organize against this. We definately need to take this opportunity to dent this evil organization while their only vulnerability is exposed.
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

[quote="hope2006"][quote="fedupDeb"]A glaring reminder of why our fight is NOT over!

whatever political gain people think may come out of this vote will be short-lived, especially in light of
    the growing and increasingly energized Latino electorate.

In the long run, legislators should and will be held accountable for not moving a solution forward,â€

MW
    Beckyal wrote:

We need to work on the house and senate not to fund LaRaza.
    Yeah, you know things are bad when you're forced to fund the enemy.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

La Raza, Maldef, ACLU, National Lawyers Guild and LULAC, have, in unison stated this policy: "Our definition of Mexican-American has expanded to encompass not only the citizen, but also the permanent resident alien and the undocumented alien."

The pro-illegal groups continually talk about the rising political power of Latinos. Must be they are talking of illegal immigrants, who continue to cross our wide open southern border in the thousands every day.

As an example of how brazen Maldef can be: this group once filed a formal complaint with the U.S. Department of Justice and the FBI against a private citizen for carrying a sign which read " Only citizens can vote."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast