Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Language about Illegals

Language matters, and when one side changes the language, they control the debate.

I have decided to call illegal aliens "foreign nationals" in my calls to pro-amnesty and undecided pols. I believe they have become so accustomed to "illegal immigrant" that use of the term triggers an automatic train of defensive thought that makes it harder to get through because it connects IAs to legal immigrants.

The term "foreign nationals" is a small shock reminding the person that this is NOT an American, even if they have lived here awhile, that they are not part of our society, and connects them to threats to our country. I believe the pro-amnesty crowd is innoculated against the term "illegal alien," (though I use it always over illegal immigrant) because they are thinking illegal immigrant when they hear IA.

Any other terms anybody? (er, that can be used in a call to congress )
    “Claiming nobody is listening to your phone calls is irrelevant – computers do and they are not being destroyed afterwards. Why build a storage facility for stuff nobody listens to?.” Martin Armstrong

Banned
    As far as I know "illegal alien" is the govts term for them

Foreign national works also

Anything the enablers use is unacceptable ,
    " illegal immigrant" , "migrant" I've even seen "undocumented citizens"