Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

LAST CHANCE to Shut Down LAGUNA BEACH!

CALL THE CALIFORNIA TRANSPORTATION COMMISSION AND TELL THEM "NO" TO THE DAY LABOR SITE. This is the LAST CHANCE to shut this down! If it gets approved then we are done in Laguna Beach.

HERE IS THE CALIFORNIA TRANSPORTATION COMMISSION'S WEBSITE: http://www.catc.ca.gov/

http://www.catc.ca.gov/meetings/index.htm

2008 CTC Meeting ScheduleÂ*Â*(PDF) Adopted 7/25/07 Agendas and Minutes for 2008 Meetings

Contact CTC1120 N Street
    Room 2221 (MS-52)
    Sacramento, CA 95814
    Telephone: (916) 654-4245
    FAX: (916) 653-2134

Â*

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/land ... rchase-day
    (You may go to this link to add your comments)
    Tuesday, July 22, 2008
    CTC to discuss Laguna Beach's potential purchase of day labor site
    If approved by CTC Thursday, the city will purchase the land from Caltrans for $18,000.
    By KELLI HARTSTAFF WRITER

Comments 0 | Recommend 0

The California Transportation Commission board will meet to discuss the finalization of the City's purchase of Laguna Beach's day labor site Thursday.
    The land, which is located on Laguna Canyon Road and is owned by Caltrans, would be purchased by the city for $18,000 if approved by the CTC Thursday.
    City Manager Ken Frank has proposed that the sliver of land be used as a park, but still allow the day laborers to use the land to seek daily work. Controversy over the purchase of this land has since erupted as anti-illegal immigration activists see this as a means of enabling illegal immigration.
    The CTC meets Wednesday and Thursday of this week to discuss a number of other issues.

Contact the writer: khart@ocregister.com or 949-454-7391

The California State Transportation Department didn't even wait until the scheduled date to approve the City of Laguna Beach's DLS land purchase.

The sneaked it in a day early!

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/city ... orers-land
    Laguna Beach gets OK to purchase day labor site
    State transportation board approves city's request to buy day labor site for $18,000.
    By KELLI HART STAFF WRITER
    Comments | Recommend
    LAGUNA BEACH - The California Transportation Commission approved the city's proposal to buy the day labor site on Laguna Canyon Road for $18,000 Wednesday.
    The CTC was expected to make a decision on the proposed purchase of the land Thursday, but instead reached a decision Wednesday.
    Laguna Beach City Manager Ken Frank did not expect the decision to go any differently.
    "It wasn't a surprise," he said. "I'm glad that this phase is over with."
    Frank said the area will be used for a park and recreational purposes.
    Much controversy has erupted over the city buying the day labor site, as some anti-illegal immigration activists believe the city is enabling illegal immigration by owning the land and allowing day laborers to come there to find work.
    However, Frank said allowing day laborers to continue using the land is not up to the city.
    "It's a matter of the court decisions which have determined that offering your service for hire is a protected first amendment freedom," he said.
    Frank said people don't seem to understand that because of court ruling, the city is unable to prohibit the activity of the day laborers in the first place, and therein lies the controversy.
    "They could do it on any public place," Frank said. "Just like how anybody could go do a pro-abortion or anti-abortion protest on Main Beach, which they do."
    Now that the city can purchase the land, Frank said city officials will discuss how to beautifying the area. The city will also look into providing parking for day laborers and giving them the option of using the Act V Lot, he said.
    Now that the purchase has been given the go-ahead by CTC, Frank expects the uproar to diminish a little.
    "I think we're kind of nearing the end of the road for the controversy," he said.
    Contact the writer: khart@ocregister.com or 949-454-7391

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NO! The controversy ended when I couldn't get any support from any of my fellow Anti-illegal immigration activists, and other residents of Laguna Beach.

It was ONE PERSON who was carrying the burden of this entire fight and ONE PERSON can't do it alone.

Each and every time I asked, begged, or pleaded for help on this issue there was only 1-2 people who would actually heed the call. Most of the time my posts were buried by some other post about something stupid, like a fast food restaurant playing Mexican music or something that didn't matter one bit in the bigger picture.

I got burned out on having to BEG AND PLEAD for other Americans to join me in this fight. As it turned out that once the officials of Laguna Beach were able to beat me down by harassing me in the local papers, threats to my safety, attacks on my person and my family, and my own friends turning their backs on me (OR stabbing me in the back) that I said "Enough!!!"

If I can't get even 10 Patriotic Americans to join me in this fight, then we are DONE as a country. The only thing left to do is for me to RUN, HIDE, and PROTECT my own family.

Those who rallied at the last moment and sent messages to the CA Transportation Dept. today, I THANK YOU, but it's too little, too late. We have LOST the fight in Laguna Beach.

We had a chance and we let it slip through our fingers.

It is Happening

ocangel,
    I did respond but I do not always post the response. Several times I thought the same as you when I had made a request for FL. Being somewhat slow, it never occurred to me that others may not post their response. I discovered that hundreds of people did act when told that phones and faxes went crazy in my Congressman’s office. This board was the only place that I posted the request. Because of your post, I now read the Orange County Register and comment on articles and complete the polls. It is frustrating when you receive no feedback and you assume no action is taken. Oh us, of too little faith! It is happening!

Why is the city going ahead with this? I thought the Judicial Watch was bringing suit against the city for spending taxypayers money for this.

I THANK everyone who did help out in Laguna Beach, but what I needed the most was LOCAL people (especially Laguna Beach) to come to the city council meetings and write letters to the LOCAL papers.

I also needed others to join me as Plaintiffs in the lawsuit. There are many here in Laguna Beach who oppose the day labor site, but never in a million years would they write a letter, appear at a city council meeting, or bring a lawsuit against the city.

(I do THANK the few who did come out and speak at council meetings and did write letters, but those people gave up and no longer fight.)

Most of what I got from Laguna Beach people was "advice on what they felt I should do and not do". It was all left to ME to fight this and the city officials only saw ONE person complaining and that just isn't going to bring a victory.

Even the local California people have given up on Laguna Beach. There are no protests at the day labor site, no letters to the papers, no calls to our local officials.

The situation in Laguna Beach was the CLOSEST we have ever come to a VICTORY. We had the site legally SHUT DOWN at one time. If only others would have fought just a tad bit harder for it, we could have shut it down for good.

Alas, Americans have given up.