Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Latin Kings file federal lawsuit against police

"The local scum of the Latin King crew in Greensboro, NC filed a civil lawsuit against the Police Department because the Gang Unit is "harassing" them

All I have to say is WOW. Didn't know a known crime organization that is a threat to society could garner support from some attorneys and that this is even being taken seriously."

I haven't seen anything about this on the news. Has anyone else?

Gang Files Complaint Against N.C. Dept.
    Posted: Monday, November 8, 2010
    Updated: November 8th, 2010 12:42 PM GMT-05:00

BY RYAN SEALS
    News & Record (Greensboro, NC)

GREENSBORO, N.C. -- Local leaders of the Latin Kings street gang have filed a federal civil rights complaint against the Greensboro police, alleging repeated harassment by the department's gang unit.

Jorge Cornell, the local leader of the Latin Kings, and attorneys from the Southern Coalition for Social Justice, accuse the department of violating the Civil Rights Act of 1964. The act prohibits discrimination based on race, color and national origin by any program that receives federal money.

They filed the complaint Saturday with the U.S. Department of Justice.

"We've been faced with a lot of scrutiny, a lot of police brutality, a lot of discrimination, a lot of racial profiling, which has been ridiculous," Cornell said.

The city of Greensboro said it does not tolerate discrimination against any group of people by its employees and fully enforces the policy against it, according to a statement from City Manager Rashad Young.

The police department is working with the Human Relations Commission's Complaint Review Committee to "aggressively" investigate all complaints of police officer misconduct, he wrote. Michael Speedling, assistant city manager for public safety, evaluates and reviews this process.

"(The) City of Greensboro will cooperate fully with any investigation from the Department of Justice, but we feel confident they will find that the behavior of the city of Greensboro and the Greensboro Police Department mimics our commitment to the equal treatment for all residents of the city," Young wrote.

Cornell said the police began targeting his group excessively in 2008, when he announced a movement to create peace among area gangs.

The complaint says police made unlawful traffic stops and searches of gang members; made unjustified arrests; filed numerous charges that were dismissed in court; and engaged in harassment that led to the loss of jobs and homes.

http://officer.com/online/article.jsp?s ... 1&id=55331

lol

Doesnt get much more absurd than that...haaa

looks like gang warfare is being taken to a whole new level ....

before long we'll have latin king lawyers suing blood lawyers ....

i can see the endless torts as gang after gang goes after each other in court ...

You had best stay out of the latin king hood or else you'll get slaped with a restraining order , and maybe a libel suit as well

REPRESENT !

Quote Originally Posted by marquis

i can see the endless torts as gang after gang goes after each other in court ...

You had best stay out of the latin king hood or else you'll get slaped with a restraining order , and maybe a libel suit as well

REPRESENT !
    Now, that's funny, and in a realistic way. My youngest was friends with a Latino King to the point where he was allowd to witness part of their initiation - it involved a five-spot burned on his arm with cigarettes. Thank goodness my son didn't have the option to actually be a Latino King (we are the wrong ethnicity).
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    You can't make this stuff up

Well , sooner or later there will be a group of Americans that will say enough is enough

Then it will be game on

Civil rights Dept. Perez has embolden these rediculous claims and they may end up winning if Perez is allowed to continue his racist anti-american ways.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by marquis

REPRESENT !
    Thanks for making me spew coffee on my keyboard!!!

accuse the department of violating the Civil Rights Act of 1964. The act prohibits discrimination based on race, color and national origin by any program that receives federal money.

Well, that should finish off the many, bogus "civil rights commissions" that have sprung up around our country.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

They look like they could all use lawyers.
    http://www.google.com/images?q=latin+ki ... 61&bih=570
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Folks, tune in to "Gangland" for a real eye opener. I believe it's on both Spike and History Channel.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast