Latino Coalition, My Eye

BY ALICIA COLON
MARCH 3, 2016

The National Hispanic Leadership Agenda (NHLA), a coalition of the nation's forty preeminent Latino advocacy organizations, has challenged each presidential candidate to respond to the 2016 Hispanic Public Policy Agenda, unveiled at a press conference in Washington, D.C., on Feb. 25th.

Once again, the mainstream media has bought into the idea that "Hispanics" are a monolithic group as committed to the Democrat Party as is the black community. Oh really? I doubt seriously that there are any conservatives represented among those forty groups, because their agenda and mine are worlds apart.

The fact that the MSM gives so much credence to what are essentially militant leftist groups like La Raza shows how little they know about the group that the Nixon administration ordained "Hispanic." Before that we were Puerto Ricans, Colombians, Cuban, Mexican et al. By the way, Mexicans and Cubans generally loathe one another, and they both hate 'Ricans because we're natural-born citizens.

In reviewing his book, One Nation, One Standard, the Wall Street Journal erroneously called the late New York City politician, Herman Badillo, an immigrant. Mr. Badillo was the first Puerto Rican-born person elected to Congress, and he has a long, respected history of public service. Originally a liberal Democrat, he came to his senses and realized that the social programs he once supported had done more harm than good.

There are several Hispanic conservative organizations but the media isn’t publicizing their existence because they are not pushing an agenda advocating immigration reform. Why not? Because those who have gone through the long and tedious process to become American citizens deeply resent those who sneak across and gobble up benefits paid for by the hard work of legal citizens. Those of us who are born citizens regard the push for amnesty as just another ploy by the Democrats to maintain their political power with new voters. Here are just two:

Google You Don't Speak for Me, the anti-illegal immigration activist group in the United States founded by retired Army Colonel Al Rodriguez in 2006. Visitwww.nycice.us to see how a local anti-illegal group is doing the job that the federal government won’t do.

When the multiculturalists start preaching about our nation being built by immigrants, please remind them that these were legal immigrants who longed to become free Americans -- not the illegal ones who are here now only to pick its pockets.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/2016/03...lition-my-eye/