Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Laurie Dhue: There’s even more surveillance going on than ever before - Glenn Beck

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Laurie Dhue: There’s even more surveillance going on than ever before - Glenn Beck

Laurie Dhue: There’s even more surveillance going on than ever before

Wednesday, Mar 13, 2013 at 3:37 PM EDT

Video at the Page Link:
    http://www.glennbeck.com/2013/03/13/...n-ever-before/

Tonight at 8pm ET, TheBlaze will debut it’s new investigative news program For The Record. This episode will be hosted by veteran journalist Laurie Dhue, who joined Glenn on the the radio show this morning to discuss the show and some of the shocking revelations uncovered about the NSA.

“I thought I had a pretty good handle on the NSA warrantless surveillance controversy, but I didn’t until I started going through and watching the incredible interviews that had been put together very carefully by the producers and the people that worked on this for months,” Laurie Dhue told Glenn.

“I have to give a shoutout to the staff. They were so professional and they were so fun to work with.”

Dhue was very surprised by the evolving lack of transparency and increase in surveillance gathering going on in the country right now. She specifically pointed to a data center being built in Utah that would store all kinds of personal information including banking records, credit card information, e-mails, and social media.

“I think this is going to open a lot of people’s eyes. Glenn your viewers already know, already know that what happened in the wake of 9/11 has been illegal and unconstitutional. But I think, just like Rand Paul was, people will be absolutely shocked to know that things have gotten less transparent in the last 10 years. There’s even more surveillance going on than ever before. There is a giant facility being built in Utah right now that’s a 100,000 square feet, and it’s in the town of Bluffdale. And it is being built for the sole purpose of storing information about you and me, and anybody and everybody. We’re talking about your banking records. Your credit card records. Facebook, and Twitter. You name it. This is all being done in the name of protection. In the name of keeping us safe. But it’s scary stuff when you think about it.”

Dhue explained that For The Record is going to focus on the story of Thomas Drake who blew the whistle on the NSA and subsequently had his life destroyed.

“The leader of the NSA was in complete denial about the amount of money that was wasted. And what we learn in this is that the protagonist is a guy named Thomas Drake and he says after 9/11 we became a foreign nation basically for the purposes of vast dragnet electronic surveillance. He wanted to blow the whistle here. He approached General Hayden, who was then running the NSA, and said ‘Do you have a warrant for this stuff?’ Because he knew that what was going on was in direct violation of the constitution. Direct violation of the fourth and Fifth Amendment.”

“And General Hayden admitted this surveillance was being done without a warrant. But that wasn’t the end of it. Thomas Drake decided to blow the whistle on the corruption and the fraud and the waste and abuse in the NSA. And guess what happened? He was indicted on 10 felony counts under the Espionage Act. He ended up vindicated.”

Despite being vindicated, he now can’t get a job and is working at an Apple Store to pay the bills.

Glenn hoped that TheBlaze TV subscribers will watch this documentary and share it with their friends as it’s vital to know how the government is monitoring the most intimate details about the lives or private citizens.

http://www.glennbeck.com/2013/03/13/...n-ever-before/

Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 06-09-2013 at 11:13 AM.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zE7PKRjrid4 wake up america. last chance
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)