Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Legal Immigration—The Bigger Obamacare Problem

National Data, By Edwin S. Rubenstein
    Legal Immigration—The Bigger Obamacare Problem
    Health care a divisive issue? No way. Not when you ask the right questions.

Fully 80 percent of Americans say they don’t want illegal aliens to be covered by government subsidized health insurance. A Rasmussen Poll shows only 11 percent supported it. A full 70% said that it would be a dealbreaker.

Even the Wall Street Journal’s Miriam Jordan, winner of VDARE.COM’s 2008 Worst Immigration Reporter Award, has been compelled to acknowledge the issue’s power: [Illegal Immigration Enters the Health-Care Debate In California, Funding Is at Stake for a Clinic That Treats Patients No Matter Their Status; An Issue 'No One Wants to Touch', August 15, 2009].

To quote Washington Watcher on VDARE.com: "Not wanting to be completely at odds with the American people, when Barack Obama was asked by Katie Couric if he thought illegal aliens should be covered, he first said 'no'". But then he weaseled out:

“First of all, I’d like to create a situation where we’re dealing with illegal immigration, so that we don’t have illegal immigrants [VDARE.COM note: i.e. amnesty them]. And we’ve got legal residents or citizens who are eligible for the plan. And I want a comprehensive immigration plan that creates a pathway to achieve that.â€

There is only one way to stop Obamacare from being yet another transfer program forcing American taxpayers to subsidize immigrants: an immediate and permanent immigration moratorium.
    I'd vote for that!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

But here’s the problem: the long-term budget crisis is essentially a health care crisis—and neither crisis can be resolved without curbing legal immigration.
    That is why Obama is lying when he says his plan will reduce helath care costs. He has no intention of reducing health care costs, otherwise this would be a no-brainer, as would eliminating all illegal aliens.
    "We have met the enemy, and they is us." - POGO