Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: legal question

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by dgremark
    With a green card you get a SS number, thus my delema.
    As long as E-verify is used, I think you're not held liable if a person turns out to be an illegal alien.

I would still call the cops if someone who just drove up doesn't have a license, though.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

I looked up the e verify and I could only find pay ones and we currently use a service to check background and such. If you can link me to the site I would appreciate it. Thanks for all of the replies.

Well I make in the 60 range with bonus but I would have to say 100 plus and the owner and investers ..... alot. But how can I change that?
    Well lets see 50 workers making 20K+ a year = a payroll of $1 to $1.5 million. If the owner and investors are making more than $500K a year profit off of this operation then they can afford to pay the employees more. Tell them you cannot hire qualified workers at what they want to pay, they need to pay more. If they don't with no workers they will have no product, no sales, and no profit.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well lets see 50 workers making 20K+ a year = a payroll of $1 to $1.5 million. If the owner and investors are making more than $500K a year profit off of this operation then they can afford to pay the employees more. Tell them you cannot hire qualified workers at what they want to pay, they need to pay more
    I would but I have kids but if you live in Oklahoma in the tulsa area and have an opening I would do it tomorow, by the way I have started to look around.

forget going to mexifornia I just left there, I will never go back after seeing the golden state getting ruined.

I would but I have kids but if you live in Oklahoma in the tulsa area and have an opening I would do it tomorow, by the way I have started to look around.
    Well then be sure to oppose the H1B visa increase because that has a negative wage impact on all technical professions. You can start by calling up Committee Chairwoman Zoe Lofgren, then your Congressperson and Senators.

dgremark:

Here's the DHS/ICE employer registration page to sign your business up for E-Verify. I think if you register for the program and agree to use it, technically you should be covered 100% as far as local/Federal compliance are concerned. Don't take my opinion as gospel nor as bonafide legal advice either - double check with your state Dept. of Labor or similar agency.

E-Verify Employer Registration page:

https://www.vis-dhs.com/EmployerRegistr ... spx?JS=YES

If you see them drive up and they admit they have no license, can't you notify the police to pick them up after they leave the parking lot?

dgremark:

Here's the DHS/ICE employer registration page to sign your business up for E-Verify. I think if you register for the program and agree to use it, technically you should be covered 100% as far as local/Federal compliance are concerned. Don't take my opinion as gospel nor as bonafide legal advice either - double check with your state Dept. of Labor or similar agency.

E-Verify Employer Registration page:
    can anyone sign up for this. there is a place in town that I know is at least 90% Mexican workers - The name of the furniture company is Brandom Manufacturing of Texas Inc. It's located at 400 Hawkins St. here in Hillsboro (zip-76645) and the phone number is 580-1200 according to the guy living across the street who works there.

I have tried reporting them But Nothing happens

Thanks for the link, I will propose it to upper management, but from experience, nothing will change with these greedy people.
    I will continue to do what I can.

thanks again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12