Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Letter to the Editor Houston Chronicle

May 22, 2008, 9:27PM
    I was pleasantly surprised to see my letter published in the Houston Chronicle especially since I live in Illinois. It is a shame the Chicago Tribune and Sun Times will not print letters opposed to the illegal invasion.

You can read the original column at:
    http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/spe ... 89885.html

LETTERS
    Economy and immigration

Copyright 2008 Houston Chronicle

Better to deport
    Jenalia Moreno's article "Study: Loss of illegal immigrants would cripple economy," Chronicle, May 20) cannot be taken as serious journalism.

The deportation of the illegals would be a boon to our economy, not cripple it as the Perryman Group states. The jobs currently held by illegals would be filled by legal workers paying their share of taxes. This would reduce the welfare costs of legal workers who have been replaced by illegals. Businesses would have to pay their share of payroll, unemployment and other taxes currently being paid by American taxpayers. The $200 billion sent back to illegals' homelands would remain in our economy.

Unpaid hospital bills attributed to illegals in recent testimony in Florida were an estimated $100 million. The strain on the American school system is just as severe. At a conservative cost of just $5,000 year per illegal student, the cost of just 1 million students is $5 billion per year.

DAN KAIRIS
    South Elgin, IL

dans63, good for you, great letter, what a shame the other papers won't publish it, but don't give up, some of mine have been published and some have not....Keep up the great work and don't ever let them get you down.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Great letter! I'm glad it was published. Thanks for sharing.

The ILLEGALS COST U.S. TAXPAYERS $338 BILLION PER YEAR.

Great letter dans63! Keep up the good work.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn