Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Letter by a Florida teacher................ A teacher speaks

It's time to be heard................

Letter by a Florida teacher................ A teacher speaks

This is a subject close to my heart. Do you know that we have adult students at the school where I teach who are not US citizens and who get the PELL grant, which is a federal grant (no pay back required) plus other federal grants to go to school?

One student from the Dominican Republic told me that she didn't want me to find a job for her after she finished my program, because she was getting housing from our housing department and she was getting g PELL grant which paid for her total tuition and books, plus money left over.

She was looking into WAIT which gives students a CREDIT CARD for gas to come to school, and into CARIBE which is a special program (check it out - I did) for immigrants and it pays for child care and all sorts of needs while they go to school or training. The one student I just mentioned told me she was not going to be a US Citizen because she plans to return to the Dominican Republic someday and that she "loves HER country."

I asked her if she felt guilty taking what the US is giving her and then not even bothering to become a citizen and she told me that it doesn't bother her, because that is what the money is there for!

I asked the CARIBE administration about their program and if you ARE a US Citizen, you don't qualify for their program. And all the while, I am working a full day, my son-in-law works more than 60 hours a week, and everyone in my family works and pays for our education.

Something is wrong here. I am sorry but after hearing they want to sing the National Anthem in Spanish - enough is enough!

Nowhere did they sing it in Italian, Polish, Irish (Celtic), German
    or any other language because of immigration. It was written by
    Francis Scott Key and should be sung word for word the way it was written. The news broadcasts even gave the translation -- not ever close. Sorry if this offends anyone but this is MY COUNTRY

IF IT IS YOUR COUNTRY SPEAK UP -- please pass this along.

I am not against immigration -- just come through like everyone else.

Get a sponsor; have a place to lay your head; have a job; pay your
    taxes, live by the rules AND LEARN THE LANGUAGE as all other immigrants have in the past -- and GOD BLESS AMERICA!

PART OF THE PROBLEM

Think about this: If you don't want to forward this for fear of
    offending someone -- YOU'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM!

It is Time for America to Speak up If you agree -- pass this along,
    if you don't agree --- delete it

Recieved by e-mail ... does anyone know how to check validity of these programs
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We help pay for our children to go to college and they work full time and got to school and pay what they can. We will all struggle at my house until the last one finishes school. The illegals next door? Well there cars just keep getting more expensive. It seems that the illegal's are in far better shape then we are in. That is for sure.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

This infuriates me more than I can say. I can't even comment on it!!
    Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.*** -G.K. Chesterton from the book 'The Shack' by Wm. Paul Young-

problem with pell grant is that they give cash -my cousin a couple of years back told me she had freinds who got pell grant and unknown to thier parents used the money on clothes,even beer and at this community college never intended to finish school-they have to give cards similar to the food vouchers (replaced food stamps)

Pell Grants for Illegals

We need to see what can be done to prevent federal money, such as the Pell Grant, from being given to non-citizens. Anyone know who we contact in this regard? I'm willing and able to email, write letters, etc., to let those in charge of these programs know that America's taxpayers are no longer willing to sit back and see them give an education to non-citizens while our own people have to work their butts off to get one.

No Nation can stand strong with this type of pure crap going on . Bought to you the taxpaying citizen by the U.S government
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

I worked in the finance department of a college for 4 years. Part of my job was to process federal pell grants and student loans.

Documents providing proof of citizenship are required in order to receive these benefits----copies of tax returns (or something from the IRS indicating why you were not required to file), SS numbers, etc.

Therefore, if she is an illegal-----and is being given Pell Grants---it is because the school is letting her use fraudulent documents!!!

The best thing to do in this situation---- is to get as much information about the student, school, etc.-----and then turn them into the Dept of Education, who will investigate charges of fraud!!!

If the school is found guilty of intentionally being part of fraudulent activity-----they can be heavily fined by the Dept of Ed----and the Dept of Ed can destroy the school, by taking away their "priviledge" of being able to offer federal student loans/grants to their students.