Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Letter to Gov. Otter on his foreign trade expedition

Preview
    Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:24 am Post subject: Letter to Gov. Otter on his foreign trade expedition

A couple months ago our Idaho Governor "Otter" and several other Governors, (Washington state, New Mexico and I believe Texas, Calif and AZ) went down to Mexico and Central America to make trade deals with those countries, I have been mad about it ever since...this morning I finally got time to sit down and write a letter to Otter, thought I would share it with all of you and maybe encourage some of you to do the same if your Governor was part of the pack..
    --------------------

--------------------
    Dear Gov. Otter.

Recently it was brought to my attention that you and several other Governors made a trip to Mexico with the purpose of forming an alliance concerning trade deals between certain states and a foreign nation.

We are having a lot of problems with Mexico, their interference with our immigration laws, internal affairs and usurping our sovereignty, I believe this is the exact reason our Founding Fathers were so diligent about making sure this was prohibited by the Constitution of the United States of America.

I realize our Constitution doesn't mean very much to many in our government any longer, but I do hope it does for the Governor of Idaho whose sworn oath is to protect the citizens of Idaho and uphold the laws and Constitution of Idaho and the United States of America. It is unconstitutional for 'state' governors to make trade deals with foreign nations, including Mexico. Please correct me if I am wrong, but please don't insult my intelligence by telling me it is for the good of Idaho, the only ones who will profit from this is big business and Agriculture.

Best Regards,
    xxxxxx

Constitution:

Article 1....

Section 10. No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility.

Dictionary alliance:

1. the act of allying or state of being allied.
    2. a formal agreement or treaty between two or more nations to cooperate for specific purposes.
    3. a merging of efforts or interests by persons, families, states, or organizations: an alliance between church and state.
    4. the persons or entities so allied.
    5. marriage or the relationship created by marriage between the families of the bride and bridegroom.
    6. correspondence in basic characteristics; affinity: the alliance between logic and metaphysics.

OK had to edit a couple times but think it is better now!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Awesome letter, SoSad!

Thank you for protecting Idaho!
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

Great letter Sosadforus.

Govenor's trade missions to foreign countries is a source of concern.
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by MyAmerica
    Great letter Sosadforus.

Govenor's trade missions to foreign countries is a source of concern.
    I agree, that should be a big concern!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

BTTT