Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Letter: Politicians eroding rights

Letter: Politicians eroding rights
    Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Do all our personnel in Iraq know that while they are out walking the streets in Baghdad, risking life and limb, our politicians are giving our beloved country away piece by piece?

I am a veteran of World War II and I hope I don’t have my head in the sand. The lawmakers of Florida recently gave the right to vote to individuals who cannot prove they are citizens or are working and possess someone else’s Social Security number. Can we no longer identify someone by his Social Security number?

Can someone who cannot even prove to be a citizen obtain the right to vote? To step up to the voting place and nullify my vote with theirs? Do I sound irate at the lawmakers in the good state of Florida? Yes, I am.

While we are patrolling the streets of Baghdad to offer them democracy, which they do not want or understand, our lawmakers are destroying the rights and benefits of being a U.S. citizen. Not only in neglecting to enforce our immigration laws, but in establishing ways and means for these people to attach our benefits.

As a citizen, I resent this immensely. Do we have to have our dollars sent out of the country each week to depreciate the value of our dollar? More of our dollars go to Latin America each week than are spent in our country.

And they do not appreciate it. They flaunt our laws, refuse to speak our language, and expect all the benefits we have and more. They fill our jails, expect free education, food and housing. Who pays for this? We do.

Robert A. Kiefer
    Port St. Lucie, Florida

http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2008/feb/20/ ... ng-rights/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    I just wish more military personnel could be notified about this malignancy in our government.

I pity the soldier who comes home to find his or her country's immigration enforcement laws in shambles and see a SiSePuede government about to submit itself to a foreign country.

Well, we as Americans sure have our work cut out for us.

I just hope that I do not wake up some day and read the headlines, this is not your country, this has not been your country for a long time. Your country was sold long ago to high paying clients, and you have been since that time no more than a squatter!

This is what has always bothered me about the war in Iraq...Our brave men and women are sacrificing their lives over there, and at the same time their government at home has left the border wide open for all the terrorists and illegals to walk right in! I feel our military has been betrayed by our government