Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Letter from Tom Tancredo

Heres a letter from Congressman Tancredo. Very nice letter head, in blue ink, Congress of the United States, House of Representatives. Very nice letter too.

Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for your recent letter regarding the need to reform our immigration system. I appreciate you taking the time to write me.

Mass immigration to the United States has had a dramatic effect on the quality of life in America today. These effects are becoming increasingly clear to all of us, and most Americans are demanding action.

The vast majority of the public support measures to improve the enforcement of our existing immigration laws, and overwhelmingly oppose granting amnesty to illegal aliens. It was this popular support that spurred the last House to push through a solid attempt for immigration enforcement in 2005. Unfortunately, under the new House leadership, I am not optimistic that Congress will take the necessary steps to secure the borders. I am far more concerned the amnesty plans the Senate and President have been pushing these last few years will be dangerous in the coming months.

The Senate passed immigration legislation in the 109th Congress that attempted to combine an amnesty unprecedented in size, a new guest worker program, several other provisions that will continue to undermine any effort to have a secure immigration system, with new promises to enforce the new rules. History is our guide, and it is clear from the lessons of the pastthat amnesty is the wrong path to choose. It is the worst kind of public policy to reward illegal behaviour---- and as we have seen in the years since Congress provided blanket amnesty to illegal aliens in the late 1980's ---- doing so simply encourages more illegal behaviour.

I supported the House legislation, which among other things called for mandatory verification of employees' legal status, increased penalties for alien smuggling, authorized expanded cooperation on enforcing immigration law between local and federal law enforcement, and prevented frivolous lawsuits by illegal aliens. I was proud that the House prudently sought policy that followed the strategy of attrition. I believe that we must regain control of our dangerously porous borders, and we cut off the employment magnet that drives illegal immigration.

Those who break our immigration laws ---- whether they are illegal aliens, or unscrupulous ---- must be held accountable. Rest assured that I will continue to work for the enactment of an immigration enforcement bill that will provide verifiably secure borders. Conversely, I am steadfastly opposed to any form of amnesty, and I will work to prevent the passage of any legislation that would provide a path to citizenship to illegal aliens, or any expansion of guest worker programs.

Sincerely Tom Tancredo

Member of Congress

So at least we know who we have to flood with everything we can. Our Senators, and those Representatives who are in favor of amnesty, and open borders. Hopefully with enough efforts we can help turn the tide to a more favorable position. Regardless of who holds the majority.

THANKS TOM

TAHEY SAY HE ONLY HAS ONE ISSUE HE CARES ABOUT AND THAT HE HAS NO CHANCE TO WIN.
    THE PROBLEM WITH THEIR THINKING IS THAT HE IS RUNNING ON THE ONE ISSUE EVERY AMERICAN CARES ABOUT.IMMIGRATION(ILLEGAL)WHICH WOULD ALSO ENHANCE HOMELAND SECURITY.
    BECAUSE NO MATTER WHAT THE TROOPS IN IRAQ DO IF THE BORDER IS NOT CLOSED AND EVERYONE ACCOUNTED FOR,WE ARE NOT SECURE.
    AND 20 MILLION PLUS ILLEGALS (CRIMINALS)PLUS CORPORATE CRIMINALS THAT HIRED THEM IS A SECURITY THREAT.

THIS IS ABOUT GREED AND NOT LAZY AMERICANS.OUR POLITICIANS DO NOT REALIZE HOW PISSED AMERICA TRUY IS,AND IF THEY PASS IT IT WILL CAUSE UNREST IN THE COUNTRY.
    MAJOR UNREST AT THAT.