Liberal Host Says GOP Governors Are ‘Genius’ For Sending Migrants To Dem States

September 20, 2022

Screenshot
OPINION: This article may contain commentary which reflects the author's opinion.

When President Joe Biden was on the campaign trail he had an infamous interview in which he told a popular, black radio host that black people who did not vote for him ‘ain’t black.’
The interview was with “Breakfast Club” host Lenard Larry McKelvey who goes by the name “Charlamagne tha God.”
The host appears to be liberal judging by his commentary and who he tends to interview, but he has also been known to be a tough, and fair, interviewer.

This week the host praised Republican governors like Govs. Greg Abbott, Ron DeSantis, and Doug Ducey as “genius” for exposing Democrat hypocrisy on immigrants.
“For months, Republican governors have sent busloads of illegal immigrants to sanctuary cities like New York, [Washington] DC, and Chicago with the message of — if you like them so much, they’re yours,” he said on his September 15 episode as he talked about the recent sending of migrants to Martha’s Vineyard by Gov. DeSantis.
“I personally think it’s genius,” the host said.

Video BREAKING: Appeals Court Makes Ruling In Trump Case - FBI Scandal Exposed (rumble.com)

He said he “would give Democratic governors and mayors more of a heads up because then that would expose the hypocrisy of the Democrats, which is they don’t want immigrants here either.”

The Recount
@therecount
·
Follow

"I personally think it's genius."— Charlamagne tha God on Govs. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) and Greg Abbott (R-TX) sending migrants to blue cities, saying the move can expose that Democratic mayors and governors "don't want immigrants here either."

Watch on Twitter

11:11 AM · Sep 19, 2022

CNN reported on the interview where he made the controversial statement to the same host in May 2020.

A staffer interjected that Biden needed to go, and Charlamagne shot back: “You can’t do that to black media!”
“I do that to white media and black media because my wife has to go on at 6 o’clock,” Biden said, referring to his wife Jill Biden apparently needing to use the broadcast studio they’ve built in their basement in Delaware as the coronavirus pandemic has knocked Biden off the campaign trail. Glancing at his watch, Biden said, “uh oh, I’m in trouble.”
Charlamagne told Biden that he should come to the studio in New York City for another interview, telling the former vice president that “we’ve got more questions.”
“You’ve got more questions?” Biden replied. “Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black.”

Charlamagne responded, “It don’t have nothing to do with Trump. It has to do with the fact, I want something for my community.”
“Take a look at my record, man!” Biden shot back.
Biden went on that same night to say that he was too “cavalier” in his response.

“The bottom line of all of this perhaps I was much too cavalier. I know that the comments have come off like I was taking the African American vote for granted but nothing could be further from the truth. I’ve never, ever done that and I’ve earned it every time I’ve run,” the president said.
The radio host was not the only one from the Democrat team to think the response to the migrants in Martha’s Vineyard showed Democrat hypocrisy.
“I was making the point that I never take the vote for granted and in fact I know in order to win the presidency, I need the African American vote,” he said. “I shouldn’t have been such a wise guy. I shouldn’t have been so cavalier.”

Liberal Host Says GOP Governors Are 'Genius' For Sending Migrants To Dem States (conservativebrief.com)