Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Liberal media having trouble finding 'Hispanics' to hate Trump

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Liberal media having trouble finding 'Hispanics' to hate Trump

August 21, 2015
    Liberal media having trouble finding 'Hispanics' to hate Trump

By Newsmachete

Please have a little sympathy for the liberal media. They are having trouble writing about the issue of illegal immigration. If they interview Americans, most of them will be against it. They can interview illegal aliens, especially children who sound like they have words put in their mouths, but that kind of propaganda goes only so far. They need to show that Trump is not just against illegals, but against all immigrants, and not just against all immigrants, but against all "Hispanics."

That's why instead of interviewing Americans, the Times decided it was much more pertinent to interview Brazilians for their views on Donald Trump. The only problem with this is that most Brazilians don't have a problem with him.

“I’m a Latin and I have to say, I didn’t get offended at all with his comments,” said Paulo Figueiredo Filho, 33, a Brazilian real estate mogul and self-described conservative libertarian who is building the lavish new Trump Hotel here.
    “I spend a lot of time in the U.S.,” Mr. Figueiredo added, “and I have seen a lot of illegal immigrants that are causing problems, causing trouble in the country, and I actually agree with him.
    “It’s a privilege to have a Trump property in our city,” said Alfredo Lopes, the president of the city’s hotel association and the Rio Convention and Visitors Bureau...
    Scholars attribute some of the indifference here about Mr. Trump’s immigration remarks to an entrenched tradition in Portuguese-speaking Brazil of seeing the country as separate from its Spanish-speaking neighbors in Latin America
    Many “Brazilians are not offended by Trump’s remarks concerning Latinos because they don’t think his nasty remarks” refer to them, said Maxine Margolis, an anthropologist at the University of Florida ...

Okay, so here's the punch line: there is no such thing as a "Hispanic." It's a term invented by the Nixon administration. Nixon was trying to create a "Hispanic" bloc to counteract the black voting bloc, which was (and is) reliably Democratic.

This dumb term has persisted over the years, lumping Mexicans, Puerto Ricans, Chileans, Brazilians, Nicaraguans, and others into the same category even when their cultures are very different. Sometimes their languages are very different – Brazilians don't even speak Spanish; they speak Portuguese. Argentineans are not even ethnically from Spain; they are from Italy. They have very different outlooks on life.

But that doesn't fit the liberal narrative that there are millions of homogenous "Hispanics" out there who hate Trump. After travelling thousands of miles to Brazil, they still had trouble finding some.

Do you ever think we will see the day when the media stops talking about "Hispanics" think this and "blacks" think that, and instead treats us like individuals?

This article was produced by NewsMachete.com, the conservative news site.

Please have a little sympathy for the liberal media. They are having trouble writing about the issue of illegal immigration. If they interview Americans, most of them will be against it. They can interview illegal aliens, especially children who sound like they have words put in their mouths, but that kind of propaganda goes only so far. They need to show that Trump is not just against illegals, but against all immigrants, and not just against all immigrants, but against all "Hispanics."

That's why instead of interviewing Americans, the Times decided it was much more pertinent to interview Brazilians for their views on Donald Trump. The only problem with this is that most Brazilians don't have a problem with him.

“I’m a Latin and I have to say, I didn’t get offended at all with his comments,” said Paulo Figueiredo Filho, 33, a Brazilian real estate mogul and self-described conservative libertarian who is building the lavish new Trump Hotel here.
    “I spend a lot of time in the U.S.,” Mr. Figueiredo added, “and I have seen a lot of illegal immigrants that are causing problems, causing trouble in the country, and I actually agree with him.
    “It’s a privilege to have a Trump property in our city,” said Alfredo Lopes, the president of the city’s hotel association and the Rio Convention and Visitors Bureau...
    Scholars attribute some of the indifference here about Mr. Trump’s immigration remarks to an entrenched tradition in Portuguese-speaking Brazil of seeing the country as separate from its Spanish-speaking neighbors in Latin America
    Many “Brazilians are not offended by Trump’s remarks concerning Latinos because they don’t think his nasty remarks” refer to them, said Maxine Margolis, an anthropologist at the University of Florida ...

Okay, so here's the punch line: there is no such thing as a "Hispanic." It's a term invented by the Nixon administration. Nixon was trying to create a "Hispanic" bloc to counteract the black voting bloc, which was (and is) reliably Democratic.

This dumb term has persisted over the years, lumping Mexicans, Puerto Ricans, Chileans, Brazilians, Nicaraguans, and others into the same category even when their cultures are very different. Sometimes their languages are very different – Brazilians don't even speak Spanish; they speak Portuguese. Argentineans are not even ethnically from Spain; they are from Italy. They have very different outlooks on life.

But that doesn't fit the liberal narrative that there are millions of homogenous "Hispanics" out there who hate Trump. After travelling thousands of miles to Brazil, they still had trouble finding some.

Do you ever think we will see the day when the media stops talking about "Hispanics" think this and "blacks" think that, and instead treats us like individuals?

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...#ixzz3jXXZHjds
    Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

They ARE having trouble finding anyone with 2 live brain cells still connected who supports illegal immigration into the United States. Supporting illegal immigration into any country is like supporting crime, rape, drug running, poverty, theft, cheating, fraud, scams, murder, unemployment, wage deflation, overpopulation, discontent, disharmony, remittances, costs draining legal money supply and printed public debt to pay for it.

Who in their right mind would support such things?

Criminals. Only criminals on the take with the cartels and other criminal enterprises who are behind and benefit from illegal immigration would ever support such a thing as illegal immigration into any country, let alone the United States.

So "scholars", "professors", "pundits", "operatives", "candidates", "politicians", "employers", "farmers", "liberals", "media", "press", "media", "churches", "charities" or anyone else who supports illegal immigration are just plain crooks supporting other crooks because it pays them to do so.

These people are not Pro-American, they're Anti-American, and lining their pockets by destroying the United States.

Shut them down.
    Last edited by Judy; 08-23-2015 at 02:23 AM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn