3:14 PM 07/08/2015
Al Weaver

Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh praised Donald Trump Wednesday for sticking to his guns on immigration and changing “the entire debate on immigration” in the process.

On his radio program, the host spoke highly of Trump’s handling of the immigration issue, saying that “most people would have buckled long ago.” The host added that he has an “incredible amount of admiration and respect” for Trump’s standing up and not backing down on the subject.

“Well, finally. I can’t tell you the number of years, sitting here behind the Golden EIB Microphone” reporting this particular crime committed by an illegal immigrant or that one — all over the country,” Limbaugh said. “Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky, Arizona, you name it. The stories were frequent, but the debate on the subject never changed.”

“Prevailing opinion always remained, ‘we need to grant them amnesty. We need to have them come out of the shadows,'” Limbaugh said. “But then this murder took place in San Francisco, and, around the same time, two or three other outrageous crimes were committed by illegal immigrants, combined with Trump refusing to be intimidated and being talked out of the issue; instead staying focused on it.”

“He has changed the entire debate on immigration,” Limbaugh argued.

“I cannot emphasize enough — by the way, in fact, I’m doing the opposite of sucking up. I’m not sucking up here. I can relate is why I know how big a deal this is,” Limbaugh said. “The amount of abuse that Donald Trump has taken, the efforts that have been made to destroy him, the ongoing efforts to harm, damage and, from their perspective, destroy Trump’s businesses, it has been serious. It has been an onslaught, and he has not buckled. And, I’m telling you, whatever you think of Trump and all of this, try to keep that in perspective.”

“Most people would have buckled long ago,” Limbaugh said. “Most people would have cried uncle and begged forgiveness of the new totalitarians long ago. I have an incredible amount of admiration and respect for just this aspect of what Trump has done.”

http://dailycaller.com/2015/07/08/li...gration-audio/