Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

list of companies that can't find workers?

Does anyone know if there is a website with a list of companies that claim they can't find American/legal residents to work for them?
    McDonald's is NOT always hiring.
    Right now, I now 8 people who have been looking for work 6+ months, they have literally applied EVERYWHERE or called companies to ask if they are hiring, and nothing is available. Some are now down to applying at every McDonalds, Dominos Pizza, supermarket, etc in Tucson, and still can't find work.
    They are even applying for jobs advertised on Craigslist
    Still nothing.
    Yet I continue to see Sonora, MX plates everywhere I look.
    If anyone knows of any website with lists of companies that CLAIM they can't find legal workers, please post it! At this point, they are not above picking fruit/vegetables. Seriously, the most unemployment pays is $260wk, so if the pay is $8/hr or more, most if not all of my friends would do it and love it.
    Thank you.
    P.S. I don't mean websites advertising employment ($1000/wk stuffing envelopes from home! Housewife makes $69/hr!). I mean a website with maybe companies who are asking for more green cards or asking the gov't to bring more low-skilled workers in or something.

Re: list of companies that can't find workers?

Quote Originally Posted by Steph
    Does anyone know if there is a website with a list of companies that claim they can't find American/legal residents to work for them?
    Right now, I now 8 people who have been looking for work 6+ months, they have literally applied EVERYWHERE or called companies to ask if they are hiring, and nothing is available. Some are now down to applying at every McDonalds, Dominos Pizza, supermarket, etc in Tucson, and still can't find work.
    Still nothing.
    If anyone knows of any website with lists of companies that CLAIM they can't find legal workers, please post it! At this point, they are not above picking fruit/vegetables. Seriously, the most unemployment pays is $260wk, so if the pay is $8/hr or more, most if not all of my friends would do it and love it.
    Thank you.
    P.S. I don't mean websites advertising employment ($1000/wk stuffing envelopes from home! Housewife makes $69/hr!). I mean a website with maybe companies who are asking for more green cards or asking the gov't to bring more low-skilled workers in or something.
    I have never seen such a web site. I think those types of companies advertise somewhere where they know that no one will see the ad because they dont want any american workers to apply. They just want to be able to show that they advertised the job.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I thought maybe the government (U.S. or AZ) would have a website somewhere, especially in this economy, so companies that have trouble finding employees would be able to let the unemployed know that they are hiring.
    The websites like jobing.com only have scams, like work from home or ad after ad claiming to be with the gov't (postal work), or modeling agencies.
    Even the Sunday paper help wanted ads are down to a couple of pages.
    Why is the government even THINKING about amnesty or the Nightmare Act right now?????
    Why is the government even alllowing anyone with low or no skills to get a green card, and why are we bringing in so many refugees?

Its funny you ask the same question I have hounded my two Senators for a long time.And no one ever offers up anything when I call or write.
    We can't deport them all ? Just think of the fun we could have trying!

Justonehero: When I call my elected officials I ask if the stimulus money contractors are going to be required to provide proof of who they are hiring?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: list of companies that can't find workers?

Quote Originally Posted by Steph
    Still nothing.
    Thank you.
    Sorry to hear about you problem. I don't think that there is a website for such a thing, because they try to hide it as much as possible from the American public.

I have always had a dream of dressing up as a border patrol agent and walking into McDonalds and yelling "La Migra!!!" and see how many jobs open up after they scatter.
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&

Yeah, I searched the web and couldn't find anything.
    AZ has E-verify, which a lot of places aren't using, and if someone has a social security card that is "real" (aka stolen) and it matches the name on other ID, then E-verify doesn't work. It only works if the SS# is made up (for example a number beginning 999 or whatever was never given out or belongs to someone who is deceased). Since no employer in Pima County (which includes Tucson) has been "reported" because reporting it without 100% absolute proof could become a legal nightmare for the reporter, employers should either be easier to report, it should be legal to report employers anonymously, and the employers should now have to check existing employees. Just my opinion.