Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Little to debate on illegal immigration

Letter to editor (w/comments) to the Arizona Republic:

Little to debate on illegal immigration
    Aug. 12, 2007 12:00 AM
    http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepubli ... ts126.html

I listen to the "debate" regarding the "undocumented" (read, illegal) people crossing our borders.

What is it the activists and cohorts do not understand about "illegal"? Illegal aliens are breaking the law. My heart goes out to them for wanting a better life, but they are still breaking the law.

Am I allowed to pick and choose which laws I want to obey? Of course not. If I disagree with that law, I have to work to have it changed. If I don't, and choose instead to break that law, I have to suffer the consequences.

I just don't understand the logic of people who are here illegally thinking that they can dictate to those of us who are here legally.

- Annette Petzel,Phoenix

Comments:

Conserv711Posted: Aug 11, 2007 at 10:06
    Thanks to Annette for getting a anti illegal alien letter past the Rags editorial staff.

My heart does not go out to the illegals though. If they want to make a better life, fine I wish them the best, but they can use the same can do spirit and drive to make their fortunes by going the F- back home, have real political revolutions start legal businesses and fix their own stinking third world countries.

d3enj1Posted: Aug 12, 2007 at 12:39
    Ms.Petzel, you are absolutely right! My heart too goes out to those people wanting a better life but why stop there. Throughout the world there are billions more who I also feel for that are living with deprivation but I don't see how we could accommodate all of those suffering without becoming a third-world country ourselves. As it is the steady stream from Mexico is leading us down that path which must change if we are to survive as a unified and prosperous United States if it is not too late.

riddleboxbaby | ProfilePosted: Aug 12, 2007 at 3:34
    I remember learning about a time when it was illegal to practice free speech. A time when it was illegal to go against the churchs' teachings. A time when it was illegal to be a free Jew in Germany.

I've also learned about times when slavery was legal in the US. When hunting down witches and tortuously burning them was legal. And what about apartheid in South Africa? The horrible Genocide in Sudan? Yep, all considered legal.

Now I don't know enough to make a comment about illegal immigration, but I do know that "legal" doesn't always correspons with "right" and "just," and "illegal" isn't a synonym for "wrong."

I do know the arguement the previous writer made is tired and overused. Perhaps we should take a fresh, new look at these words we use so liberally?

CarsonDPosted: Aug 12, 2007 at 5:10
    Right on Annette.

It is time we focus our attention on our own government. We must restore law and order there before we can restore law and order in our streets.

The government has a Revolution going that seems to be led by the Federal Government. Not only have they Jack hammered the foundation of the country, The United States Constitution, they mock our laws.

It's time for each one of them to be held accountable for their crimes. They have violated their oaths of office and aided and abetted an illegal invasion.

They've been caught.

You know it.

I know it.

Let the trials begin!

JohnB47Posted: Aug 12, 2007 at 6:43
    Your heart goes out to them, but your heads not in it. Is that right Annette? And, they are the dictators? You and CarsonD would do very well at the Inquisition.
    Most of those 'illegals' are God-fearing well meaning humans, who want only the chance provide for their families. The current 'debate' you refer to is a political football being used to split the country rather than render a solution.
    Just remember, after you build that wall to keep 'them' out, it just may be what chains us in.

globe1950 | ProfilePosted: Aug 12, 2007 at 7:08
    Why are we not addressing the illegal aliens coming from our Northern borders?

santiagoPosted: Aug 12, 2007 at 8:02
    "cause there aren't a zillion of them coming across our Northern Border. Kinda like the military concentrating on the area where the REAL threat is.
    WE could have A-bombed New Zealand in world war II, but one of the real threats was the Empire of Japan!

Remember! Hitler just wanted a "better life for his people"
    I guess some will NEVER understand why sovereign nations do NOT like being invaded. The Poles didn't like it. The Belgians didn't like it! The French didn't like it! The Russians didn't like it! The Norwegians didn't like it. So why the h-e-l-l should Americans like being invaded?

DD8508 | ProfilePosted: Aug 12, 2007 at 8:43
    um... hello. maybe,just maybe if Mexico's gov't wasn't so corrupt, maybe they could help their OWN people ???
    We should focus on trying to get MX to get a working, decent gov't so they can help their own instead of passing out instruction on "how to cross the desert in the heat & survive" kits.
    This sHOULD be Mexico's issue but they have made it ours. why is there NO pressure on MX to take care of their own?? Why is the US forced to foot the bill for medical care, schooling, extra police for the illegal gang members ?
    I'm a 2nd generation American whose family came from the severe oppression of East Euro LEGALLY. We suffered the prejudice, worst jobs, low pay with NO WELFARE, no medical bills paid, babies were born @ home not in a hospital w/ all the bills paid... C'mon people, I feel for the folks over there but it's time to make MX own up. Maybe we should start billing MX for all the svcs. the US provides THEIR people

joetaxpayerPosted: Aug 12, 2007 at 10:24
    To all the illegal aliens and their supporters who say you can't deport them all I say "Si se puede".

bosshogPosted: Aug 12, 2007 at 11:31
    Hey Annette, that's exactly what I say about Americans in Iraq..what part of illegal don't they understand.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This issue is NOT splitting the country, it is setting the politicians straight. I just can't figure who would want their communities to be saturated with criminals, gangmembers, pregnant teens, social program frauds and abusers, identity thieves, unemployed, dilapidated neighborhoods, overcrowded and failing schools, overcrowded prisons, cop killers, majority of families with 6 or more kids all living off of taxpayers, and people without drivers licenses-registration-insurance.

Our government from the top down is corrupt. It is time for the people to take control. We need to get everyone of the traitors out of office when the elections come up. Not sure we'll last that long tho. We need to vote for the next president that is anti illegal. That has got to be a priority for people. I think we pretty much know where people stand on that issue. Tom is the only one that I can actually listen to anymore without wanting to vomit.
    We have become Mexico in so many ways. When I hear American children must speak Spanish to go to school it makes my blood boil. This is America! Or is it now?
    I'd rather die living then live dying!