Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Did you notice what this writer said about the "gringo tax?" I know I have encountered that sort of thing, although I have never been in Mexico, per se. They see an American and instantly think "Cash Machine!!" Happens all over the world. Can you imagine what would happen if we charged foreigners several times the local, going rate?

I don't know if I will ever contribute money to any overseas philanthropy again. America is seen as a target for whatever their desires are; and then our military is supposed to come and protect them, too. The big curse, IMHO, is TV. They see what Americans (supposedly) have and start wanting it. Even if it is "Baywatch" reruns on Middle East TV, which I understand is their favorite program.

I really do not need to have an understanding of how life is for these people in Mexico or why they come here. I have traveled extensively throughout Mexico and have seen that generally, most mexicans live pretty well. This included areas off the beaten path that have seen very few if any tourists from any country, let alone the United States.
    So, then, why do they come here if life is good enough there? I guess it is the overpopulation? There couldn't be that many hardened criminals who are rejects even down there. I guess it is a multitude of reasons. By the way, a lot of their drug cartel problem, as I hear it, stems from meth addiction that started in the US. Of course there have been maryjane shipments from Mexico for a long, long time.

I would never have believed twenty years ago that I would be contributing to an anti-immigrant discussion. But since I work in construction and have seen the entire industry collapse, I have become alarmed at all of the illegal immigrants occupying the employment rolls in this industry--and threatening even further my own security.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Captainron writes:

"So, then, why do they come here if life is good enough there? "

They come here Ron for the same reasons immigrants arrive here from all over the world. Because life is better and easier here! I have written about this before. Why would you stay in Mexico and mop a floor for $10 a day when you can come to this country illegally and make $8 an hour. Especially when that opportunity is right next door! Mexico does not pay you to have babies, this country does.

These people often say they were doing ok in Mexico. But they always add, if your government is going to give it to us then we might as well take it.

Do not confuse "good enough" with better.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

you forget that many mexicans are now dependent upon money sent home.
    nobeauno.
    if you don't blame them for coming here and stealing from us, then let's open all the prisons and give hardworking American criminals a free ride with our blessings too!
    logic folks. amazing how we have two standards for americans and mexicans.It'sokay for them to steal and break laws because they don't have it as nice as we do, but if a poor American does the same thing for the same reason , noone wants to let them off the hook.
    another thing, in meixco, prostitution is legal and it's okay to rape women and children.
    they brought those values to our country also.
    Banned

stoptheinvasionoforegon writes:

"you forget that many mexicans are now dependent upon money sent home.
    nobeauno.
    if you don't blame them for coming here and stealing from us, then let's open all the prisons and give hardworking American criminals a free ride with our blessings too."

First of all I have not forgotten about re-admittances sent home by Mexicans living in the Unites States illegally. I understand that accounts for the majority of Mexico's GNP. I suggest you go back and read my previous posts if you need help in being convinced that i am in any way sympathatic to the illegal invaders.

In addition, I was not attempting to justify the illegal invasion in any way. I was attempting to refute the claim by the open border zealots that Mexico is a poor country and these pople have no choice but to come here illegally. The fact is Mexico is not close to being one of the poorest countries on this planet, in need of unchecked illegal immigartion into this country.

I suggest you read more carefully next time before you lash out in ignorance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12