Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Coto
    I talked to a United Airlines employee (I'm not gonna reveal where), who told me that it is United's goal to replace every US citizen ground-employee (ie. ticket agent, gate agent, baggage handlers, forms agent (load planner), freight agent, operations agent, etc) with foreign nationals. At the Denver airport, they are close to 100% staffed with foreign nationals. At ORD and smaller stations there are still some US citizens on the payroll.
    These can't be H1B jobs. These jobs would not meet the H1B requirement that the job be a professional position that requires at least a bachelor's degree in the profession as they only need a high school education.

United Airlines Job Posting 1

United Airlines Job Posting 2

H-1B qualifying criteria

To hire a foreign worker on an H-1B, H-1B1, or E-3 visa, the job must be a professional position that requires, at a minimum, a bachelor's degree in the field of specialization.

Quote Originally Posted by win2lin
    These can't be H1B jobs.
    I have no idea what kind of visa they're on. At DEN, I was there, I flew out on UA, the ticket counter employees were mostly Nigerian Nationals employed by the Airport Authority and contracted over to UA to replace UA employees that were furloughed or terminated. And they were rude and incompetant as hell! Gate agents in DEN, appeared to be mostly from India working for either the airport authority or another organization contracted over to UA to replace former UA employees.

Go to DEN airport and see for yourself. Talk to UA employees (if you can find any).

At the UA station where I did talk to a knowledgable UA employee; I was there, I was alert - she explained to me that it is, in fact, United's plan to replace all ground service employees with foreign nationals.

UA makes it clear to me, they don't want US citizens on the property - phone calls to UA res are answered in Bangalore.

Northwest Airlines, as of about 5-10 years ago, requires a Masters degree. It was on their web site, unless they changed it.

Bottom line - United is taking the lead to expell all US citizens from the ground workforce, using whatever means is possible (ie. contracting the work out).
    Cheap, incompetant labor? - Yeah, they like it that way!

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567