Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Lone Protester A Final Message to McCain and the GOP

Lone Protester- A Final Message to McCain and the GOP
    10/15/08

The first rule of land warfare is the golden rule, never divide your forces. Conserve most of your forces for what is surely going to be a rough road ahead. Keep them happy, well fed and busy and they will charge the gates of hell for you. Always keep them informed of the truth of things and they will be there through thick and thin. When dealing with them always remember that respect is a two way street. Just like manure, it travels uphill as well as downhill.
    The second rule should be to never alienate your forces, never forget that without them and their support you will become like a candle in the wind. Make them mad, stab them in the back and they will eventually turn on you. Always remember that they are your strength and with them by your side all things become possible.
    In 2006 you attempted to pass legislation that clearly 75% of your party and Americans in general were against, not once but three separate times. We showed you our displeasure in the November 2006 elections where you lost a majority you had owned since 1994. Since then you have treated us with disdain, like we don’t matter any longer in your greater scheme of things. Because of that we have deserted a party that at one time represented a conservative America as envisioned by our founding fathers.
    In 2008 you selected a Republican candidate for president that almost ran on the Democrat ticket in 2004. The man primarily responsible for alienating the conservative base and consorting with the enemy is the candidate you would expect us to blindly follow and pull the lever for. A man who has no respect for me and my beliefs is not going to get my vote on the basis of he is the lesser of two evils. I am a conservative and I will reserve my vote for someone who shares my beliefs which just happens to be conservatism. I will not go to the polls, hold my nose and vote for a candidate that pretends he has my values when his actions speak otherwise.
    In November 2008 your conservative base is going to speak once again, this time a little louder that we did two years ago. This time around our message is going to ring out loud and clear to the GOP. And that message is that we are totally disgusted with you, we want you gone and we are going to take back the party of Lincoln and restore it to what it once was. The new brand of social conservatism is going to move to the left side of the aisle where it belongs and the values that made the party great will reign once again.
    So Senator McCain and the GOP, because you divided your forces when you needed them most, look to the future with dread. Continue pushing your new brand of conservatism for three more weeks and then it will be over and we can start rebuilding our party with conservative candidates that will listen to us. In November our message to you is going to be goodby.
    On Nov 4th I am going to cross the aisle and vote for a Democrat that is running against my pseudo-conservative senator, Lindsey Graham. Why? Because he has shown himself to be more conservative than Graham. This is a symptom of what is wrong with the leadership in my party that refuses to listen and heed the advice we have been sending you the last few years. So when you get your pink slips in November, think back to all the times you had to get your base behind you but instead snubbed them. Think back to all the good times you had when you were in the majority and now your own party doesn’t want you. Prepare now for a future of lobbying in the Halls of Congress because as sure as God made little green apples a lot of you are going to be cleaning out your desks real soon.

Your post is probably very true and we will be left with Obama, and a do nothing Congress of mostly Democrats, Pelosi and Reid.
    God Help Us!!!
    "When injustice become law, resistance becomes duty." Thomas Jefferson

I think we are screwed either way.

Agreed. I can see no good come of this election.
    Ive never seen a situation like this and Ive been political ALL my life.
    PROMOTE SELF DEPORTATION, ENFORCE OUR
    LAWS!

The optomistic side is that the fight has begun!

Bring it on!

On a related note, "If the Reagan Era is Dead, Who Killed it?" See: www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=29070

POTUS...
    Thank you for posting this article.
    It is Right ON!!!
    "When injustice become law, resistance becomes duty." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Shad
    POTUS...
    Thank you for posting this article.
    It is Right ON!!!
    My pleasure, Shad. It is on the money, and from a pretty good source...

Quote Originally Posted by Molly
    I think we are screwed either way.
    I agree - at least for now. I believe there is still reason for hope in the very near future. I suggest people check out the website www.campaignforliberty.com It was started by Ron Paul and it promotes constitutionally minded people who are running for office around the country.

There's a few who are currently running in this election that need our support. CFL also will be helping to educate people on important issues as well as how to go about starting up groups on the local level and influencing elections in our communities.

Right now, they are producing a strategy to hold our legislators accountable for their stand on the recent bailout by raising money to: produce and distribute slim jims in many key districts, send out email blasts, print hard-hitting newspaper ads, run radio ads, and hold news conferences, as well as flood key districts with tens of thousands of phone calls.

Also, I wanted to mention that I saw an excellent speech by Ron Paul on C-SPAN over the weekend. He was at the JBS 50th anniversary celebration. His speech ended by saying (I'm paraphrasing) that our country will in fact go bankrupt like the former USSR. He also said that it won't be as bad at the USSR because at least we have a blueprint to follow to help restore the country: Our history and the Constitution. But it's entirely up to the American people in deciding what kind of government we will have. If we continue to sit along the sidelines, we will have a dictatorship. But if we unite and stand up for the Constitution - our Republic WILL be restored.

Please, just take a moment and sign up for email alerts at: www.campaignforliberty.com