Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Losing My Independence

I have always considered myself an independent woman. Being a single parent for 20 years I learned to be independent. I traveled all over California feeling safe. But now I find myself becoming a shut in.

I find where I used to love to shop, I now do as little as possible. Children are allowed to run wild shouting in foreign languages. I feel like I am in a foreign country, so I go home.

I went to a birthday party at the local tavern the other night and five illegal immigrants came in and true to their machismo culture of Mexico they leered and started insulting the young woman. So I went home.

The weather was beautiful so I decided to work in my yard the other day. Two missonaries from Mexico approached me. I watched groups of immigrants walking down the street all the while leering at me. So I went in the house.

Now I have planned to drive to San Diego to visit my daughter whose husband is stationed there and I find myself dreading it because I am afraid for the first time to make the trip. I find I only feel safe in my house.

This is just plain wrong. How many of us feel this way? Who cares?

Re: Losing My Independence

Sherry,

Sounds to me like you need to run for Congress, your Congressperson who should care does not.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MonterySherry, I was also a single mother raising three children on my own for seven years. I thought I was the only mother feeling like this. I do all my shopping on the internet and very rarely go out to eat or shop. Can't deal with the change. I am very aware of what is happening to Delaware. I can't even take my grandchildren to the park anymore. A park where my children played many years ago. It's so sad to see our country going down.

Quote Originally Posted by MontereySherry
    true to their machismo culture of Mexico they leered and started insulting the young woman

The same third-world principles which prevail over their attitudes towards drunk driving, homosexuality, repression of women, etc.!

April

Quote Originally Posted by MontereySherry
    I have always considered myself an independent woman. Being a single parent for 20 years I learned to be independent. I traveled all over California feeling safe. But now I find myself becoming a shut in.

I find where I used to love to shop, I now do as little as possible. Children are allowed to run wild shouting in foreign languages. I feel like I am in a foreign country, so I go home.

I went to a birthday party at the local tavern the other night and five illegal immigrants came in and true to their machismo culture of Mexico they leered and started insulting the young woman. So I went home.

The weather was beautiful so I decided to work in my yard the other day. Two missonaries from Mexico approached me. I watched groups of immigrants walking down the street all the while leering at me. So I went in the house.

Now I have planned to drive to San Diego to visit my daughter whose husband is stationed there and I find myself dreading it because I am afraid for the first time to make the trip. I find I only feel safe in my house.

This is just plain wrong. How many of us feel this way? Who cares?
    I am so sorry Sherry, I am sure there are many others who feel the way you do, we are fighting HARD to turn this around. Hang in there and stay safe!!!!
    Don't let them take your feeling of safety, take percautions, but don't stop doing things that you enjoy. If it means getting a privacy fence with a lock on the gate, so you feel safe to work in your yard, or take a self defense class, whatever it takes, but do not let this situation make you a prisoner in your own home.

We are being invaded and no-one cares......that is what bothers me the most....
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Delaware? Is it really that bad?

Maybe there are some people feeling like you nearby, aren't they?

Please do not take me wrong but I'm surprised.

I know I'm veering toward being off-topic, but one thing, if anybody tuned in to this thread, might know about, is this:

An online density map of the US symbolized by the proportion of [estimated] IAs live (by state).

I have compiled lists of estimates of IAs for all states, however, these are somewhat dated and not in map form. Having that as a graphic or visual aid can be real handy when trying to gauge relative rates of infusion or diffusion of IAs overall.

States with big populations show relative small proportions of IAs even as their numbers increase. The same increase to a state with a much smaller population results in a much larger relative (proportionate) increase. Delaware is a relatively small state by population, show any increases are likely to be observed readily. States having large overall populations, and even small or modest IA populations, can absorb modest to moderate increases in IA populations and not show much of a relative increase in IA proportion.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Lugundum, Yes it is really bad. I live on the outskirts of the city of Wilmington along a golf course and see illegals right outside my window every morning working on the golf course. I use to go outside and do yardwork but because of the Mexicans wondering all around I fear that something could happen. They stare at your every move. There are very few restaurants to go to for their help in the kitchen is Mexicans.

Hospitals are being overrunned, schools, roadways just about the same as any other town in the USA.

Thanks PhredE, for explanation. I'm rather surprised that this avalanche reached so distant places.

Quote Originally Posted by USAKAY
    Lugundum, Yes it is really bad. I live on the outskirts of the city of Wilmington along a golf course and see illegals right outside my window every morning working on the golf course. I use to go outside and do yardwork but because of the Mexicans wondering all around I fear that something could happen. They stare at your every move. There are very few restaurants to go to for their help in the kitchen is Mexicans.

Hospitals are being overrunned, schools, roadways just about the same as any other town in the USA.
    USAKAY, I'm from small post-communist country in Europe but even we are now flooded by immigrants. Our annual immigration rate per capita is now bigger than that of the USA. Average salary here is about 1300$ per month (still less than 40% of EU average) but for corporations we are already earning too much and they are looking for cheap labor workforce outside Europe. They are not paying for consequences - but we are.

I understand that my advice could be a bit "besserwisserei" but have you talked to your children? To your neighbors? There must be more people like you in your town! In unity there is a strength!

My mama is about to retire and me and my sister are already looking for the place where she could live safe.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast