Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Lott still doesn't get it with immigration

Lott still doesn't get it with immigration

Sunday, July 8, 2007 12:19 AM CDT

Editor:

After Sen. Trent Lott's trip to the proverbial woodshed last week at the hands of his conservative Mississippi base, one would hope that he got the message. With that in mind, many eagerly read the newspaper wherein he attempted to explain his reasoning and tried to rehabilitate himself. Sen. Lott apparently still doesn't get it. The United States, and now Mississippi, is being literally overrun by a flood of illegal aliens. They cost us millions of tax dollars and adversely impact our schools, our health care system, and our criminal justice system.

The message that the voters sent to Sen. Lott is this: In accord with the Constitution, we want and expect our federal government to defend our sovereignty and to protect our national borders. The solution is not as complicated as one might think and does not require any sort of “grand compromise.â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Most Mississippians understand that if we would: (1) secure our borders; (2) punish employers who hire illegals; and (3) cut off or reduce government benefits, the problem would cure itself through attrition. Those who broke our laws by coming here would then find their way back to their country of origin.
    This is so very simple and yet the idiots in the senate think immigration enforcement must be akin to rocket science. Perhaps they are so full of themselves they believe only complicated approaches will work.
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

they believe only complicated approaches will work
    I guess they figure that if it is easy why would we need them... hey wait a minute..

WE DON"T
    "Democrats Fall in Love, Republicans Fall in Line!"

Ex-El Presidente' www.jorgeboosh.com

They fully understand it and the solution, but...big money wants more and more cheap mallable labor, money talks in DC.
    "American"Â*with no hyphen andÂ*proud of it!

Don't get to eager to move to Texas - remember our senators have known about this problem for at least 3 decades. I appreciate anything they did last time - but had they been doing their job all these years, Texas would not have a problem. Actually, a lot of the rest of the country would not either - since many, many of these people come through our state on the way to yours.

My form letters from Ms. Hutchinson for years had a very different tone - it said things like, 'we have to find a path for them , blah, blah.'
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)