Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Lou Dobbs Resigns From CNN!

Sorry, I SWEAR I did a search for this twice before I posted it. But the third time I used one less word, and the previous posts came up.

I SWEAR I will NEVER watch CNN again. I had even defended them a few times recently. I know this was Dobb's choice, but it is partly because of pressure from the ethnocentric hispano-supremacists. They HAD to stop Dobbs because he was telling the truth, and he was TOO effective. Yet we still have never heard anything in the MSM about the shots fired at Dobbs's house, have we? Un- fricking- believable. I hope CNN's ratings absolutely TANK now.

Lou Dobbs leaving CNN for 'new opportunities'

NEW YORK – CNN's Lou Dobbs, a lightning rod for criticism following his transition from a business journalist to an opinionated anchor on such issues as illegal immigration, told viewers on Wednesday that he was quitting his nightly show to pursue new opportunities.

"This will be my last broadcast," Dobbs said after giving the day's headlines. Dobbs, who hosts a daily radio show unrelated to CNN, said the network had allowed him to be released early from his contract.

Dobbs was a CNN original, signing on when the cable network started in 1980. For much of that time, he hosted a nightly business broadcast that became one of the most influential shows in the corporate world, and CNN's most profitable show for advertising revenue.

But Dobbs said his world view changed after the 2001 terrorist attacks and corporate corruption scandals, and he began to more freely express his opinions. He was particularly persistent in bringing the immigration issue to the fore, winning him both higher ratings and enemies. Latino groups had an active petition drive seeking his removal.

His presence became awkward for CNN, particularly as it began emphasizing reporting and non-opinion shows. He angered management this summer by pressing questions about President Barack Obama's birth site after CNN reporters determined there was no issue.

Dobbs said the decision came after months of discussion with CNN U.S. President Jon Klein. Dobbs said he wanted to concentrate on his role as a commentator and on advocacy journalism.

Klein hailed Dobbs' "appetite for big ideas, the megawatt smile and larger-than-life presence he brought to our newsroom."

"With characteristic forthrightness, Lou has now decided to carry the banner of advocacy journalism elsewhere," Klein said. "We respect his decision."

Dobbs said he was proud of his role in helping to build the first cable news network. He said some leaders in media, politics and business "have been urging me to go beyond my role here at CNN and to engage in constructive problem-solving."

Seated at an anchor desk in front of a screen with a fluttering American flag, Dobbs mentioned his interest in issues such as health care, jobs, immigration, climate change and the wars.

"Unfortunately, these issues are now defined in the public arena by partisanship and ideology rather than rigorous empirical thought and forthright analysis and discussion," he said. "I will be working diligently to change that as best I can."

His resignation was hailed by activists who were seeking his ouster.

"Our contention all along was that Lou Dobbs — who has a long history of spreading lies and conspiracy theories about immigrants and Latinos — does not belong on the most trusted name in news," said Roberto Lovato, co-founder of Presente.org. "We are thrilled that Dobbs no longer has the legitimate platform from which to incite fear and hate."

Tom Saenz, president of the Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund, the leading Latino legal organization, said, "The Latino community can and should celebrate that Lou Dobbs is no longer on CNN."

U.S. Sen. Robert Menendez, a Democrat from Dobbs' home state of New Jersey and the Senate's only Hispanic member, called it "addition by subtraction" for CNN.

Dobbs did not immediately return telephone and e-mail messages to talk about his critics.

Although he joined CNN in 1980, Dobbs left the network for two years in 1999, after angrily complaining on the air about a decision by then-CNN President Rick Kaplan to switch away from his show to a live news event. An Internet venture failed and when Kaplan left CNN, Dobbs returned.

Dobbs' ratings had cooled from the height of the immigration discussion. But his 879,000 viewers on Tuesday still eclipsed MSNBC's Chris Matthews (Fox News Channel's Shepard Smith had more than double the audience) and even beat Campbell Brown's CNN show, which followed Dobbs at 8 p.m. ET in prime-time, according to the Nielsen Co.

A decision on who will replace Dobbs is expected to be announced Thursday.
    ___

Associated Press writers Mark Kennedy and Suzanne Gamboa contributed to this story.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/ap_en_ot/us_tv_lou_dobbs
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

Lou Dobbs has left CNN's bldg

Hopefully, he is walking over to the Fox bldg! Does save me from jumping to CNN for his show...

I had not particularly been a Glenn Beck fan until he was allowed to blossom in the Fox format. It would be so fun to watch Lou really "man up" when he has already been holding everybody's feet to the fire while sitting on CNN...he WILL need security for himself and his family. Watch out O'Reilly!

I for one will be following whatever avenue he decides to take! [/b] :P

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    Lou was cornered into resigning. It was a take it or leave it proposition.

Months ago the president of CNN/U.S., Jonathan Klein, offered a choice to Lou Dobbs, the channel’s most outspoken anchor. Mr. Dobbs could vent his opinions on radio and anchor an objective newscast on television, or he could leave CNN.
    I cannot watch that canned network any more. I feel like breath and hope has been taken out of me.

"Our contention all along was that Lou Dobbs — who has a long history of spreading lies and conspiracy theories about immigrants and Latinos — does not belong on the most trusted name in news," said Roberto Lovato, co-founder of Presente.org. "We are thrilled that Dobbs no longer has the legitimate platform from which to incite fear and hate."
    ....The most trusted name in news??? Spare me...

Im sure Lou will do just wonderful wherever he goes. Latino hate groups have not heard the last of him.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    Welcome to ALIPAC goodgriefusa!
    This is a shocking time for all of us concerned citizens. We'll all follow Lou wherever he goes too. We're glad you're here and hope you stay with us.

Quote Originally Posted by ShockedinCalifornia
    Welcome to ALIPAC goodgriefusa!
    This is a shocking time for all of us concerned citizens. We'll all follow Lou wherever he goes too. We're glad you're here and hope you stay with us.
    You can go to Twitter, Facebook,the Lou Dobb Web page, his week day Radio Broadcast. He will turn up somewhere else ...

Personally I wish they would get another independent station that is fair and balanced and bring forth all the issues there is a definite need for it..

I only watch Fox Business news and occasionally Fox News but even that is not perfect.

Kathyet

Re: Lou Dobbs Resigns From CNN!

Quote Originally Posted by builditnow
    I SWEAR I will NEVER watch CNN again. I had even defended them a few times recently. I know this was Dobb's choice, but it is partly because of pressure from the ethnocentric hispano-supremacists. They HAD to stop Dobbs because he was telling the truth, and he was TOO effective. Yet we still have never heard anything in the MSM about the shots fired at Dobbs's house, have we? Un- fricking- believable. I hope CNN's ratings absolutely TANK now.
    We quit watching Lou Dobbs about a year ago ONLY because I refuse to watch anything that CNN to offer. Hopefully Dobbs will take his show to Fox as soon as possible. Dobbs was the only person left at CNN that brought them any ratings. Hopefully with Dobbs gone CNN will go bankrupt.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Although I don't often watch Lou Dobbs, this event is a chilling wake-up call that free speech and truth is slowly being squeezed out of our once reliable fringe media. IMO, CNN has signed their own death warrant. Let's all watch CNN's ratings plummet even further. Make no mistake, this is all a result of behind-the-scenes pressure from Obama and his cabal of thieves and liars. The question is, how long can Fox News, as imperfect as it is, hold off this onslaught from our outlaw government?
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

TexasBorn wrote,
    Although I don't often watch Lou Dobbs, this event is a chilling wake-up call that free speech and truth is slowly being squeezed out of our once reliable fringe media. IMO, CNN has signed their own death warrant. Let's all watch CNN's ratings plummet even further. Make no mistake, this is all a result of behind-the-scenes pressure from Obama and his cabal of thieves and liars. The question is, how long can Fox News, as imperfect as it is, hold off this onslaught from our outlaw government?
    Good point TexasBorn. As that becomes more apparent, will Americans boycott TV and Hollywood, and the advertising dollars therein?

Can money buy your freedom of speech?

dobbs is 64 and maybe there are things going on in personal life that he isnt wanting to talk about. and until he speaks, we can all speculate. but we dont know whats going on either.

i will never watch cnn again

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast