Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Well, I have heard Lou say right on his show several times that he is in favor of increasing legal immigration, and he didn't voice any conditions at the time. If his view has conditions he should say so, then people would know where he is coming from.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    Well, I have heard Lou say right on his show several times that he is in favor of increasing legal immigration, and he didn't voice any conditions at the time. If his view has conditions he should say so, then people would know where he is coming from.
    He does, all of the time. Read this book, where he not only makes this view clear, he clearly states that we do not have a labor shortage.

http://www.amazon.com/War-Middle-Class- ... 0670037923

Please do not be influenced by an agenda driven, La Raza sympathizing article.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Quote Originally Posted by BearFlagRepublic
    Well, this is where Lou and I totally disagree. I don't believe we should increase legal immigration when we have a such big problem with illegal immigration. And actually, I believe we should decrease the number of legal immigration, because I don't think this country can sustain the numbers at the rate it's going.
    Lou doesn't believe this. The author is spinning, and selectively quoting. The precondition for Dobbs accepting increased levels of immigration has ALWAYS been proof of corporate America's claims of labor shortage. As I said, Dobbs lays it out clearly in his books that we do not have a labor shortage in this country. Put 2 and 2 together: Dobbs is asking corporate America to prove something that they can not, before increased immigration is acceptable.

= Lou Dobbs is against increasing legal immigration.

People need to start reading more of Lou's work on the issue, as confusion seems to be evoked much of the time on this site. Dobbs views are not simple and a bit nuanced, however upon some researching and critical thinking, Dobbs views are inline with the people of this site. But he often uses language that challenges the enemy to "put up, or shut up."
    Well said . Kudos
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

Quote Originally Posted by tencz57
    I think Lou is "Spinning" right back at them . Playing their game of Hate politics and giving no ammo to arm with > Smart play

LOL, smart play ! Another 'smart play' was seeking joining the Mexican jounalist asst.

He never fooled me for minute , I always knew where he was coming from .

I am well schooled on liars and sneaks, I voted for bush twice !

Quote Originally Posted by BearFlagRepublic
    He does, all of the time. Read this book, where he not only makes this view clear, he clearly states that we do not have a labor shortage.

http://www.amazon.com/War-Middle-Class- ... 0670037923

Please do not be influenced by an agenda driven, La Raza sympathizing article.
    All I'm saying is that he doesn't say the same thing about this on his show as he apparently does in his book. This is confusing for people who have not read his book, and I'm one of them. I don't want you to think I'm attacking Lou because I have a lot of respect for him. I'm just saying that in this he is not clear on his show.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Of course ,I'm not one to say ," I told you so " so i won't say it.

It's time for the other countries to take care of their OWN people, WE already have TOO many HERE to deal with!

All I'm saying is that he doesn't say the same thing about this on his show as he apparently does in his book. This is confusing for people who have not read his book, and I'm one of them. I don't want you to think I'm attacking Lou because I have a lot of respect for him. I'm just saying that in this he is not clear on his show.
    Well, I have heard him say it on his show, several times, with the qualifying statement. Perhaps sometimes he does not use the qualifyer, and I dismiss it, because I am already well aware of his view on this. I think sometimes he may say it without the precondition as a way of appearing "nice" to people who accuse him of racism. Other times he uses the precondition that obviously (to me) is used as a way to prod the opposition into proving their meddle -- this is a common strategy for Lou, and it leads to much confusion amongst his audience who are not fully informed on his views. But you are right, he should never say it without the qualifying statement.

The first time I heard him say that we should increase legal immigration my blood pressure spiked.....until in the very next breathe he said, "If it is proven that the nation needs more immigrants." Normally this proof comes from corporations demanding more labor -- which is debunked thurally in Lou's books. Lou believes that before any reform on anything takes place, massive investigation must be done, congressional studies, public forums etc, so that we know the full impact on the change, and how it will effect our middle-class. Extending from this outlook, it is highly doubtful that such a strategy would support increasing legal immigration. Also Lou talks in his books about the demographic problems brought about by increased legal immigration, the 1965 Immigration Reform Act, the Reagan amnesty etc.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

my impression of Lou on this issue is that he tends to soften his stance when face to face with a Latino voice; he seems to be open for increased legal immigration, but the opposition does not believe that statement, primarily because of the type of guests he has on the show. These guests tend to have their own reputation, mostly against expanding legal immigration.

The theory is that IF we increase dramatically the number of LEGAL immigrants, the illegal crossing and visa overstays will decrease dramatically. I doubt that very much. As the ONE-TIME, FINAL amnesty of 1985 makes clear, the more you ACCOMODATE, the MORE they'll come because they correctly identify a SOFTENING of the US position....

I would not be against a moderate increase, BUT I would ENFORCE the laws as they are except vastly increasing the penalties on businesses that hire illegals.

The illegals flow is a never-ending phenomenon, because the illegals who work in the farms today will move up the food chain of jobs and will need to be replaced by new ones. If we legalize ALL ILLEGALS, what will the ag processors do for cheap labor then? find new ways to bring them in.

So the ONLY solution is border security, tracking of non-immigrant visaholders and severe sanctions on businesses. These sanctions must be bigger than the savings from cheap labor.... then they are forced to pay a good wage and attract Americans and legal resident aliens.
    No soy de los que se dicen 'la raza'... Am not one of those racists of "The Race"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast