Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Malkin - There Are No ‘Deserving DREAMers’

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Malkin - There Are No ‘Deserving DREAMers’

September 13
    Michelle Malkin

Over and over again, from the mouths of politicians in both parties, identity politics purveyors and cheap labor lobbyists, we hear the same refrains about President Obama’s 800,000 amnestied illegal alien youths: “They don’t deserve to be punished.”

“They deserve protection.”

“They deserve the American dream.”

Deserve, deserve, deserve.

Over and over again, in countless cookie-cutter op-ed pieces published over the past month, so-called DREAMers have lamented President Donald Trump’s push to eventually undo their unconstitutional fiveyear reprieves from deportation plus coveted work permits: “DREAMers like me have flourished under DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals). Trump might take it all away.”

“If Trump ends DACA, DREAMers like me will return to a life of anxiety and doubt.”

“I feel exhausted, I feel frustrated, I feel angry, and in the worst moments, I feel helpless. I feel terrified that at any moment this program is going to be taken away and once again I won’t be able to work — how will I pay my bills? … What is going to happen to me if I get stopped on the street and I no longer have DACA?”

“I will lose my job, my ability to finish college, my driver’s license, and will be subject to deportation. I am not alone either. Almost one million young immigrants like myself will be affected in the same way and possibly even worse.”

I, I, I. Me, me, me. My bills. My ego. My education. My job. My anxiety.

Since when did DACA become the Depression and Anxiety Cure for Amnesty-seekers?

It’s this insatiable appetite for collective entitlement that demonstrates the perils of blanket amnesty. Give a privileged political class an inch and they’ll take, take, take until feckless public servants give away their country.

The proper response to illegal alien activists demanding that Washington act “NOW!” to preserve their comfort, allay their anxieties and extend their unconstitutional protections indefinitely is this: Why?

Americans in uniform who’ve dedicated their lives to defending our nation are struggling to gain access to quality health care they’ve earned by action, not by accident or circumstance. Imagine their stress.

Five million American young people between 16 and 34 were unemployed last year and 50 million more are not even in the labor force. Imagine their anxiety.

Hundreds of thousands of lawabiding people from around the world are waiting patiently for their backlogged visa and green card applications to be reviewed. Imagine their frustration.

Why don’t their dreams come first?

Nancy Pelosi called on House Republicans to help her “safeguard our young DREAMers from the senseless cruelty of deportation and shield families from separation and heartbreak.”

Never has this Bay Area elitist called on House Republicans to join her in shielding native-born and lawabiding immigrant families from the senseless and preventable violence committed by criminals in this country illegally who’ve caused immeasurable heartbreak for decades in her overrun California sanctuary.

Jamiel Shaw Sr., whose son was mercilessly shot to death by a sanctuary- protected gang member living in outlaw-coddling Los Angeles illegally, administered a bracing reality check: “You want to talk about families being separated? Try spending your holidays talking to a grave!”

The left-wing DREAM racket is a self-perpetuating political marketing machine. Its primary contribution to American society? Lashing out at how cruel, racist, ignorant and ungrateful the rest of us are for not bowing down before the hallowed angel children of the Obama administration’s amnesty program.

It’s no coincidence that the publicity- hungry leaders of the DREAMer movement are full-time fulminators in government-funded academia, community organizing outfits, immigration law foundations and the grievance-nursing media.

A deserving DREAMer would respect the sovereign right of an independent nation to determine who stays and who goes based on its national interests and constitutional obligations to put its citizenry first.

The deserving DREAMer, in other words, would admit he or she is owed nothing and deserves nothing.

There is no such thing as a “deserving DREAMer.”

http://www.mydailyrecord.com/eeditio...ving-dreamers/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Sympathy for DACA Dreamers?

The bleeding hearts are crying that ending the DACA Program will tear families apart! They argue that we shouldn't punish the children for the crimes of their parents. But if both parents are here illegally, and the child is here illegally, all would be deported together! That is not the same as "Anchor Babies" where only the child has a birthright to be in this country. Then the choice is for the parents to leave their child, which would split the family up, or take the child with them, keeping the family together.

The cry is that their children will leave the only friends they have known and go to a place they have never been to. But in many cases, that's a lie. Many of the children came here as teenagers. My children have lost friends when, after growing up in California, their parents get a better job in North Dakota or Alaska. Sad as it is, they survive.

What about the children of military families? Their world gets changed quite often. Many go to countries where English is not spoken. And either they or their friends get shipped out. It does have a negative effect on may of these children as they are perpetually the "new kid" at school. And many avoid making friends because they know they or their friends will be shipping out.

Then there is the hypocrisy. One of the big mouthpieces crying for these Dreamers moved his children from Chicago to Washington D.C. because he wanted a better career. Was he shedding tears because his children had to leave their friends and the neighborhood they had been in most of their lives?

Obama knew DACA was unlawful before he ignored the will of Congress. But he wanted to get his foot in the door. Now that people have signed onto the program, which was only temporary, as it ends, they want it made permanent.

We already have "Anchor Babies" who's parents come into this country, often illegally, for the purpose of having the child born in this country so they will have a birthright. Whether or not the Constitution allows that is a matter of interpretation. And at some time as the child is growing up, they can claim that birthright, and effectively, use that child as their path to legal immigration. But DACA children don't even have that right.

And then there are the future children. If we allow DACA children to remain, they will have children who will have a birthright to this Country. We will create a legal path for more Anchor Babies. And, of course, they can sponsor extended families, so one illegal alien allowed to stay become multiple illegal aliens allowed to stay.

While it may seem cold-hearted, we need to obey the laws we live by. If this sympathy is accepted for DACA children, what about the children of murderers, robbers and other criminals? If we throw them in prison, their families and children will suffer. So if we look the other way because a child will be hurt, there is just about no law we can enforce.

If there is such wide support for DACA Children, let all those bleeding hearts donate for a DACA-Village to be formed in the country they came from. If that is Mexico, these bleeding hearts can finance those deported people, and other "dreamers" to live in their own country while applying for Visas or work permits which would allow them to legally enter the United States. Of course, if too many people donate too much money, life in the DACA-Village will probably be so good, people will chose to remain there.

We cannot keep giving amnesty to everybody willing to break our laws. While our immigration laws may need some adjustment, I don't see a need for "comprehensive" legislation. There is a legal path for immigrants, including a legal path to citizenship. But every country limits their immigration. We should make no special consideration for those who violated those laws.

There is a reason we have laws, carved in stone, because law by emotion is almost impossible to enforce fairly. So laws as a standard give us a dispassionate standard to live by.

Welcome jtdc and glad you found us. Well stated.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The ILLEGAL parents are the legal guardians and custodians of their minor children...NOT US TAXPAYERS

Deport the whole family...take your minor children with you

Illegal aliens should be prohibited against profiting off their criminal illegal trespassing into our country
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL