Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

McCain Ineligible to be President ???

OMG please tell me this is true:

http://disc.yourwebapps.com/discussion. ... title=APFN

Francis Steffan
    John McCain Ineligible To Be President
    Mon Jan 28, 2008 03:45

John McCain was born August 29, 1936 in the Panama Canal Zone, to two U.S. citizens. It's a common misunderstanding that the zone was a U.S. territory - in fact, the U.S. had lease rights, but not territorial rights.
    The US Constitution states, "No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty five years, and been fourteen Years a resident within the United States."
    No law or court ruling has ever established the precise definition of a natural born citizen. It is generally agreed that a natural born citizen of the United States is any person born in one of the 50 states or the District of Columbia.
    John McCain's father "Jack" was born in Council Bluffs, Iowa. McCain graduated from the United States Naval Academy in 1931. Like his father and son, he graduated near the bottom of his class. He married Roberta Wright, a wealthy oil heiress, on January 21, 1933, in Caesar's Bar, Tijuana, Mexico. During WW II he commanded the submarine Gunnel at Operation Torch. After the end of the war, he was assigned to the Office of the Chief of Naval Personnel until 1948. He assumed command of Submarine Division 71 in the Pacific the next year. In 1950, he was assigned to a series of posts at The Pentagon. He spent the 1960s in a series of commands in the Atlantic, becoming Commander in Chief, U.S. Naval Forces in Europe in 1967 and 1968. Admiral McCain directed an investigation into the Israeli attack on the USS Liberty and he wanted the investigation done in less than a week even though the court’s president, Rear Admiral Isaac Kidd, said that it would take 6 months to conduct properly. Admiral McCain also wouldn’t permit Admiral Kidd to travel to Israel or to contact any potential Israeli witnesses. In fact, the written affidavits of 60 witnesses from the Liberty itself who were hospitalized at the time of the restricted inquiry, were also excluded from the final report and not considered as part of the evidentiary record. The investigation was completed in just ten days. The National Archives in College Park, Maryland includes in its files on casualties from the Liberty copies of the original telegrams the Navy sent out to family members. The telegrams which called the attack accidental, were sent out June 9, the day before the Navy court of inquiry convened .
    When Senator McCain was asked to reopen and conduct a proper investigation into the USS Liberty's attack he stated that he wasn’t going to do anything about it because the “matter was thoroughly reviewed.â€

Parts of this article are a LIE.

McCain's Father was the Admrial at CINPACFLT in Hawaii in 1962 and 1963 for I was there and raised the FLAG ON THE U.S.S. ARIZONA ON 30 MAY 1962 and John McCain's father was there along with my Admrial who was one of two that went to Barbers Point Naval Air field; he and the other man were off the U.S.S. ARIZONA. And my Admrial was COMFAIRHAWAII. Do not belive those that tell LIES.
    BigMonkey

oh oh!!!!!!1
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

My cousins daughter was born in Spain...my cousin was a 30 year vet in the Navy...She was born on the naval base in Spain....I was told that she has "duel" citizenship ...Spain and Us...No?????????
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm not sure how this works but I have a friend due to give birth in 60 days and her Doctor made her cancel a trip to France. The doctor said is she happened to go into premature labor and the baby was born in France, the baby would not be American.

So I have no clue how it works when the parents are in the military and not living in a US possession.

illegal immigration

As far as I know from what I have read, or from what I have heard on Fox News Channel, Hannity, Rush, etc., polls indicate that 80% or more of the American Citizens in this country are opposed to amnesty, but John McCain doesn't understand that. He keeps trying to get his pet project and President Bush's pet project passed into law. To stop them we will need to keep Congress, both houses, alerted to our feelings, especially if they want to be re-elected in their next turn to be candidates for anything.

Then, we need to make sure that the Republican Party puts up as a Candidate for the Presidency and Vice Presidency anyone who supports legal immigration, but not amnesty. That means so far, our field indicates Tancredo to be a good fighter in the arena of illegal immigration, but because he didn't do so well, the next person was Fred Thompson. Fred has since pulled out of the presidential race. That leaves Mitt Romney. I know there are those that complain he is a Mormon, but they did the same thing about JFK and the Catholic Church. I thought we were over that. What counts are the issues, the record, and if a person is good for his word. That is Mitt Romney. Everyone else has waffled.

Mitt has waffled on pro choice and pro life, but it took a personal experience to straighten that out. Now he is pro-life, and I do believe him. He is full of energy and is ready for the good fight. He just needs us to support his efforts and help him win--not necessarily in money, but in votes and workers to get him elected.

We need to put efforts into making sure only those candidates the are against amnesty and enforcing our laws, run and win.

Rose

Rose I agree with your comments. We need to support the only thing that resembles a republican and that is Mitt Romney and I believe he is a good man with good ideas. I also like Paul but he will not get the nomination.
    Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.*** -G.K. Chesterton from the book 'The Shack' by Wm. Paul Young-

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne
    So I have no clue how it works when the parents are in the military and not living in a US possession.
    If one parent is a US Citizen then the child is a US Citizen no matter where born. The Parents have to fill out some paperwork at the American consulate to formalize the childs' Citizenship. I wonder if McCain's parents did that?

I know a naturalized Citizen from Thailand who went back to Thailand to have her child (so her relatives could help out), then went to the US Embassy to get a Passport for the child so they could both come back to the US. The paperwork involved is pretty minimal.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Let's hope McCain's parents did not do that. I find it hard to believe that monster is American... I would be more apt to believe he is from Mars !!

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman
    I know a naturalized Citizen from Thailand who went back to Thailand to have her child (so her relatives could help out), then went to the US Embassy to get a Passport for the child so they could both come back to the US. The paperwork involved is pretty minimal.
    Yes, but the point the article attempts to claim is that their is a difference between: "natural born citizen" and a "naturalized citizen".

The author claims that a "natural born citizen" is only one that is born in the U.S. And since the base in panama was not technically US land, but panamanian land leased to the U.S. (and not an embassy) then McCain does NOT meet the criteria: "No person except a natural born citizen" to be eligible to become president.

I don't know if it is true (I hope it is), but I think a constitutional scholar should review the argument. You can be sure that if McCain gets the nomination that his Democrat opponent will certainly research this argument.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast