Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

McConnell and Graham

Radio blurb from ABC news.

McConnell says, in his most exaggerated drawl he could muster, "chain migration has been gotten rid of" to make the bill more palatable. Buuuuuuuut, didn't they say the bill had gotten rid of it already? Morons are talking in circles.

Graham said some nonsense that the country would fall apart if the politicians only worried about the next election.

Re: McConnell and Graham

Quote Originally Posted by SamLowrey
    Graham said some nonsense that the country would fall apart if the politicians only worried about the next election.

That sounds like solid thinking there Mr Graham.
    I encourage you to contine thinking that way.
    It will make it so much easier to see you unelected in the next go round.

The Country is falling apart now, due to the politicians!

I got McConnell, I'll be all over him this week.,....Bunning I can rely on.
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

MW
    Excuse me, but aren't our elected politicians supposed to represent their constituents? Perhaps Graham should listen to the majority of those he was elected to represent! If you have to worry about the next election, than you're probably not listening to those in your state that hold your future in the U.S. Congress in their hands.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Under the S. 1348 scheme, doesn't chain migration triple for years, before then being somewhat reduced way down the line? And of course, during the meantime, after they got their amnesty, the ethnic pressure group would lobby and get rid of whatever reduction in family-based chain migration there was. So this entire plan is bogus, and is basically just a big 'ol AMNESTY!! So we're NOT BUYING IT MITCH!

And as far as Grahamnesty is concerned, no matter how much he tries to reframe this as a "profile in courage," we're not fooled. He is just a bought-and-paid for HACK of the special, big-monied interests who want cheap labor.

Keep making your calls, faxes etc.!! NO to S. 1348!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Damn, MW, read my mind! The Senate is out of control & I'm glad it's being exposed for all to see!!!

Excuse me, but aren't our elected politicians supposed to represent their constituents? Perhaps Graham should listen to the majority of those he was elected to represent!

These Senators lie every time they open their mouth. They made such a big deal about no chain migration. Republicans said that was a concession they won from the Dem's. Then I read this exchange with an hispanic dj.

Ryssdal: You know, you can go down the list of items in this bill and it's tough to find something that somebody didn't object to. The next one that comes to my mind is the move away from family-based immigration toward a point system, rewarding people with skills and marketable opportunities here. Is there talk in the White House of perhaps changing that dynamic?

Gutierrez: No. We think that that's important. I mean, we've had this chain migration for awhile now. Today, about 65 percent of the green cards that we give out are family-based. Part of the bill includes getting rid of the green card backlog, the family backlog in eight years. So during that eight-year time, about 74 percent of the green cards that we give out will be family-based. Seventy-four percent.

So the first eight years of this bill, there'll be a surge in family unification. After that, after we get to this policy that we're talking about, it'll be about 51 percent. You know we're not moving away from family, we're just balancing it out. And we believe that the economy deserves to have a higher portion that is employment-based that is based on the skills that our country needs

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    Under the S. 1348 scheme, doesn't chain migration triple for years, before then being somewhat reduced way down the line?
    McConnell was trying to suggest that the chain migration provision has been removed. Don't care, though, it is still unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    Under the S. 1348 scheme, doesn't chain migration triple for years, before then being somewhat reduced way down the line? And of course, during the meantime, after they got their amnesty, the ethnic pressure group would lobby and get rid of whatever reduction in family-based chain migration there was. So this entire plan is bogus, and is basically just a big 'ol AMNESTY!! So we're NOT BUYING IT MITCH!
    This is precisely what will happen. The way I look at it, if our cowards in government can't/won't take a stand NOW against our country being overrun, we have no reason to believe they won't capitulate to the demands of the ethnic lobbies down the line. I can hear the sob stories now: ..."breaking up familiies... "they just want to participate in the American dream..." blah, blah, blah. I think I already hear the violin section tuning up.

Quote Originally Posted by moosetracks
    The Country is falling apart now, due to the politicians!

I got McConnell, I'll be all over him this week.,....Bunning I can rely on.
    Called mcConnell office the other day staffer asked me what my zip code was and she said since your not from KY i cant help you and HUNG UP