Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Canadians should not be allowed to work in fast food, accent or not! When you hear a Canadian accent, run, run as fast as you can.....

If they cannot speak English, you should not be going there to help out Corporate America, who is the main $$$ behind this, keep the cheap labor.

Even in a depression, they are trying to ram through an amnesty.

Hit them if you hear Canadian accent, or no English.

MW
    Arizonablue wrote:

Canadians should not be allowed to work in fast food, accent or not! When you hear a Canadian accent, run, run as fast as you can.....
    You may want to place yourself in the penalty box, Arizonablue. Your comments could also be interpreted to mean you have a problem with anyone that doesn't have the same accent as yourself. An accent is determined by the regional or social background a person comes from. Accent is not a good indication of someones immigration status. Under your interpretation, all homegrown Bostonians could be considered illegal aliens to someone from Texas.

Many legal immigrant have an accent representative of their original place of origin, however, they may have actually learned to speak and write the English language very well.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

April
    Texas and Rhode Island NEED OUR HELP!!! Please join in!

http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-898358.html#898358

As a canadian i am offended by Arizonablues comment .

AE

Well bigpcanuck, I think many are.

To be honest, for me it is a joke as I almost cannot tell the difference between someone from Canada and people in my own area, except that up there, the vowels are pronounced more, or in some cases, Canadians sound a bit like people out of Minnesota, so really, I do not consider there to be an accent up in Canada (with the exception of those speaking French).
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

I feel Canadians and Americans need to be united in our battle with illegal immigration . What ever happened to united we stand divided we fall ? We are brothers and sisters in all that effects our countrries .

AE

Funny you should mention this issue. I have to tell you this. On our local rock radio station they do this thing at 5pm, called "Five O'Clock Funny" with different comedians.

So they have this female comedian on there talking about how she went to Canada and how she got roaming charges on her cell phone and was mad, and the cell company told here "Ma'am, you KNOW Canada is another country..." to which she said "nu-uh, no way they speak English!". So she went onto say "Canada is like our attic and you get up there and go, "holy cr@&, look at all this stuff!".

I guess her comedy routine was based on the idea that people in the U.S. do not think of Canada as being separate from us.
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

You guys need to lighten up.

Fact of the matter is, Fast Food, Hotel/Motel, Construction are keeping the ilelgals here, and I don't see ANY gameplan to attack the root of the cause.

Faxing Congress is good, Faxing the Chamber of Commerce, Fast Food industry, Hotel/Motel reps, and the MAINSTREAM MEDIA would get even BETTER results.

And yea, you can throw in New Yorkers with the Bostonians and Texans... Can't believe you left out NewYork !!

mickey deeeee

As in the states im sure jobs in the fast food industry were fall back jobs in case you got laid off and needed something to tide you over . With importing third world labour to do the work these jobs are mo longer available . The enrichers here in the great white north make careers out of them . As you are ironing a new shirt to hope for a job interview , still wet Manuel is being let in the back door by his cousin to serve us our fries . PEACE OUT : )

I can't help but wonder that our illustrious government leaders see something more serious coming down the road with our economy and perhaps that they are quietly beginning to enforce the laws more stringently. Maybe they are beginning to see the increasing wrath of American Citizens given the collapsing job market and the coming increase in taxes? Is this too much to hope for?
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast