Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Media Falsely Accuses President Trump of Visiting His DC Hotel to Attend Kuwait Party

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Media Falsely Accuses President Trump of Visiting His DC Hotel to Attend Kuwait Party

Media Falsely Accuses President Trump of Visiting His DC Hotel to Attend Kuwait Party

Kristinn Taylor Feb 25th, 2017 11:00 pm

President Donald Trump went for dinner Saturday night at his Trump International Hotel a few blocks from the White House on Pennsylvania Avenue and was promptly falsely accused by the media of attending a Kuwaiti Embassy party at the hotel that actually took place several days before.
    Trump was joined for dinner by Florida Governor Rick Scott, Nigel Farage, daughter Ivanka and her husband/Trump presidential adviser Jared Kushner.
    At Trump hotel. Secret Service swarms the place. Trump walks in, sits down next to me w/ Gov. Rick Scott, Nigel Farage, Ivanka & Kuchner pic.twitter.com/5ZgTUixvwR
    — Benny (@bennyjohnson) February 26, 2017

The Independent Journal Review’s Benny Johnson was the reporter who happened to be dining at the right place at the right time and posted reports, including a quickie interview with Trump.
    Two things:

1. Farage was not invited to this dinner. Squeezed in at last second
    2. Sec. State Tillerson is dining w/wife alone across room
    I asked Trump if he would be attending the White House Correspondents Dinner.
    He said: "No. Do you like that?"
    People cheered behind me. pic.twitter.com/5uc6kAM0FI

The press pool was held in a van outside the hotel and was not allowed inside the hotel.

Think Progress’ Judd Legum led a media lynch mob falsely accusing Trump of going to the hotel tonight on the same night that the Embassy of Kuwait was hosting a National Day celebration there. It turns out the Kuwait event was held Wednesday, as will unfold below, but no one in the mainstream media publicly reported on the event at the time.

Reuters and NPR published reports Saturday that the Kuwait event was being held Saturday night at the Trump hotel, which reporters then teed off on Trump about without verifying.
    The Kuwaiti government could pay up to $60,000 to President Donald Trump’s hotel in Washington for a party on Saturday that will be an early test of Trump’s promise to turn over profits from such events to the U.S. Treasury.

The Kuwait Embassy is hosting an event to mark their National Day. Similar National Day celebrations at the Trump International Hotel for a crowd of several hundred can run from $40,000 to $60,000, according to cost estimates from the hotel seen by Reuters. The hotel declined to comment on the figures.

One of Trump’s lawyers, Sheri Dillon, pledged at a Jan. 11 press conference to donate any Trump Hotel profits from foreign governments to the U.S. Treasury.

This matters because the media is trying to hang charges of Trump violating the Emoluments Clause of the constitution by running a D.C. hotel that will take payments from foreign governments, even though he has pledged to donate any such profits to the Treasury. Reporters were accusing Trump of ‘blessing’ the event with his visit to the hotel even if he did not attend the event itself.
    8. From the White House press pool: "The pool is holding in vans and not being allowed inside the [Trump] hotel."
    — Judd Legum (@JuddLegum) February 26, 2017

In a twist, it was a CNN reporter, Kate Bennett, who attended the Kuwait event at the Trump hotel on Wednesday who rose to Trump’s defense of the charge of visiting the hotel at the same time as the Kuwait event. Bennett posted a copy of the invitation with Wednesday’s date as proof.

guys the Kuwait party at @TrumpDC was Wednesday night. I actually have the invite so. Unless there were two, but probs not. @Reuters ? pic.twitter.com/vybBcwmzqn
    — Kate Bennett (@KateBennett_DC) February 26, 2017

Bennett did not report publicly on the Kuwait event at the time, saving her report for an obscure CNN email newsletter, Cover Line. The only public report on the Kuwait event was a photo posted the night of the event to Twitter by ‘Hollywood on the Potomac’. Bennett added that Trump’s Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin attended the Kuwait event.
    as I reported Thursday in @CNNPolitics #CoverLine my Trump hotel source said 500-600 attendees at party. Sec. Mnuchin was there.
    — Kate Bennett (@KateBennett_DC) February 26, 2017
    Party hosted by Amb. of Kuwait and Mrs.(Rima) Salem Al-Sabah at Trump Hotel. w/@ElizabethEThorp @TrumpHotels @InnocentsatRisk pic.twitter.com/bBOCu6ipgN
    — Hollywood on Potomac (@HollywoodonThe) February 23, 2017

‘Blue check mark’ reporters soon announced they were deleting false accusatory comments.

Judd Legum Editor, Think Progress: 11. Going to delete the rest of this thread to avoid spreading misinformation. Kuwait event still an illegal emolument”
    11. Going to delete the rest of this thread to avoid spreading misinformation. Kuwait event still an illegal emolument
    — Judd Legum (@JuddLegum) February 26, 2017

Legum deleted five tweets from a twelve tweet stream that contained “misinformation”. Previously Legum had claimed Kuwait was holding the event at the Trump hotel due to “political pressure” which Kuwait denies according to NPR.

Philip Rucker, White House Bureau Chief, Washington Post: “I deleted my tweet about Kuwait party at Trump hotel because it’s unclear whether reported event is taking place. Kuwait had a party on Wed.”
    I deleted my tweet about Kuwait party at Trump hotel because it's unclear whether reported event is taking place. Kuwait had a party on Wed.

— Philip Rucker (@PhilipRucker) February 26, 2017
    Rucker’s original tweet read, “Trump is having dinner at the Trump International Hotel–the same night the Kuwait government rented out space there for an event.”
    Sam Stein, Senior Politics Editor, Huffington Post: “I’m erasing that last tweet about Trump and the Kuwait party at his hotel cuz it appears that party was Wednesday”
    I’m erasing that last tweet about Trump and the Kuwait party at his hotel cuz it appears that party was Wednesday https://t.co/raqSUUkQOn
    — Sam Stein (@samsteinhp) February 26, 2017

Pro Publica: “We’ve deleted this tweet. Kuwait did pay for a party at the Trump Hotel, but outlets mistakenly reported event was today. It was Wed.”
    We've deleted this tweet. Kuwait did pay for a party at the Trump Hotel, but outlets mistakenly reported event was today. It was Wed. pic.twitter.com/kUVzeccoth
    — ProPublica (@ProPublica) February 26, 2017

Jeremy Venook, Editorial Fellow, The Atlantic: “(Just deleted two tweets w/inaccurate info that Kuwaiti event at Trump Hotel was tonight—it was held on Wednesday night)”
    (Just deleted two tweets w/inaccurate info that Kuwaiti event at Trump Hotel was tonight—it was held on Wednesday night)
    — Jeremy Venook (@JVenook) February 26, 2017

Brendan Nyhan, contributor to UpshotNYT – New York Times: “Correction: I tweeted Trump visiting his hotel on night of a Kuwaiti reception. Based on Reuters report. Appears to be false. Do not RT.”
    Correction: I tweeted Trump visiting his hotel on night of a Kuwaiti reception. Based on Reuters report. Appears to be false. Do not RT.
    — Brendan Nyhan (@BrendanNyhan) February 26, 2017
    Alex Howard, Deputy Director, Sunlight Foundation: “Correction: I tweeted Trump visiting his hotel on night of a Kuwaiti reception. Based on Reuters report. Appears to be false. Do not RT.”
    It appears both @Reuters & @npr may be in error. Bennett reports Kuwait held its party at @Trump Hotel Wednesday. I've retracted my tweet. https://t.co/jWqTqhqACK
    — Alex Howard (@digiphile) February 26, 2017
    Laurence Tribe, media commentator and Harvard Law professor: “Correction: Trump didn’t give the Constitution the finger until 3 nights AFTER pocketing the illegal Emolument from Kuwait. So?”
    Correction: Trump didn't give the Constitution the finger until 3 nights AFTER pocketing the illegal Emolument from Kuwait. So? https://t.co/RwiSBBJBZI
    — Laurence Tribe (@tribelaw) February 26, 2017
    UPDATE: NPR posted a correction: “#Kuwait National Day is Feb. 25. It was celebrated this yr at #Trump DC Hotel but event was held on Wed. No overlap with @POTUS visit on Sat”
    #Kuwait National Day is Feb. 25. It was celebrated this yr at #Trump DC Hotel but event was held on Wed. No overlap with @POTUS visit on Sat
    — NPR (@NPR) February 26, 2017
    In closing, a few photos posted by diners from this evening:
    Just sitting here Trump Hotel in Washington DC with a good friend of mine! Who comes in only the boss @POTUS @realDonaldTrump @IvankaTrump pic.twitter.com/2PBSfkDTcf
    — Nathan D. Wilson (@NathanDWilsonFL) February 26, 2017
    Tonight at Trumps restaurant in D.C. My niece taking selfie trying to get Trump in pic. He walked over and joined the photo. #MAGA pic.twitter.com/E3fTfQ6EP5
    — J.B. Poole (@JoshuaBrannPool) February 26, 2017
    Was just having dinner at Trump Hotel restaurant and guess who showed up @realDonaldTrump@Nigel_Farage @IvankaTrump pic.twitter.com/AbRfbhJeYC
    — Michelle Moons (@MichelleDiana) February 26, 2017
    “Was just having dinner at Trump Hotel restaurant and guess who showed up @realDonaldTrump @Nigel_Farage @IvankaTrump”

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017...-kuwait-party/

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

They have become gossips and get caught in their own lies. They never actually check facts anymore just run with what they are told.

Yep, plus they do it on purpose, they do it deliberately, to lie about this Presidency. Free speech is a wonderful thing, but it's a two-sided coin. Free speech enables both the truth and lies so it's the eventual common sense, fairness and good judgment of the American People to decide which is most valuable and the one they act upon and choose to live and work with. What is missing right now is the ability of the truth to be set free. The DemoQuacks and CORRUPT MEDIA have put a vice of sorts on the truth by leaking lies and preventing truth to come out from the very agencies who leaked the lies.

There were leaks in the FBI and CIA which I believe were lies. The truth is hidden and concealed in their agencies under the claim of "under investigation". That's wrong. If you allow a leak of classified, confidential or sensitive information, then everything to do with the subject must be released to the public upon request by the party or parties who were subjects of the leaks.

We are not a stupid country so it's time to stop acting like one. We need a law from Congress or a public policy from the Department of Justice that demands full public disclosure by the FBI and CIA of any and all information they have related to any person negatively impacted by an anonymous source leaking truth or lies to the media. If you leak it, it's now all public information and fair game.

The CIA has a foreign national security venue, the CIA shouldn't even be involved in domestic affairs of any kind.

The FBI has a domestic criminal venue, the FBI shouldn't even be involved in any investigation of anyone without evidence of a specific crime. The DNC was "hacked" in August. This is February of the following year. If our systems can't identify the individual who hacked the DNC emails, then we can't identify the "hacker" technologically. Without being able to identify the "hacker", the individual who actually hacked the DNC emails, then there is no legal means to declare that the "Russians" interfered with our election. Yet, statements like this have been leaked to the media then confirmed by former intelligence officials. Who was it? Where was the computer? Why haven't you arrested someone? Because you don't know who hacked it, and because you don't know, you leaked a lie to substantiate a false narrative for political purposes. That's the rules of evidence, that's the truth, and that's just the way it's supposed to be in the United States. You can have a "theory", you can have a "suspicion", but that's all you've got and in our system, that's nothing at this point. Until you do have some actual evidence sufficient enough to support your suspicion or theory for an arrest, you've got nothing, need to say so and show the public everything you have or don't have.

In our country you are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Both the FBI, CIA and perhaps others are violating this constitutional tenet in ways I would only expect to see in evil countries governed by dictators. Like I said once before, the old KGB is now the new CIA and the old SS of Germany is now the FBI.

We're not a nation of cloaks and daggers, shadows and innuendo. We're a nation of laws, honor, whole truth, dignity and the rights of the individual that reign supreme over the authority, tactics and means of a corrupt government in cahoots with a corrupt un-elected self-anointed aristocracy that believe they are above the law and free to operate outside the basic principles of proper conduct of the United States.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn